Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Post Game Thoughts - FAU vs FIU

The players showed the intensity they needed to make amends from last years game and bring the Shula Trophy back home.

The key factors that where needed to make a victory possible have a big check mark next to each one, as they where handled without a hitch.

The first key to the game was to have a strong start and not allow the Golden Kitties, find any momentum - Check.

The second key to the game was to protect the pigskin - Check.

The third and final key to the game was the ability to establish the running game - Check.

Pierre did not get his fourth 100 plus yards rushing, but the tandem of Manley, Pierre & Sanchez proved to be very effective. Manley showed a nice burst of speed once in the gap and Sanchez showed why he will be missed.

Rusty controlled the game in a good enough fashion to win the games MVP.

It was nice to see the players compete with intensity for sixty minutes, something that we have not seen for every game this season, but when the players did, it related to a complete game by all units and a solid victory. Hopefully the maturity gained by the players this year will help them prepare for every game in the same matter next year (difficult task, but winners find a way to have that consistency on a weekly bases).

The only disappointment of the evening, the rain, it would have been nice to have everyone in attendance be there at the end to ACTH the players lift the Shula Bowl Trophy.

Good Jobs guys and thank You Seniors for a great season.

Back to the top

Congrats on your win....We got spanked pretty good this year. It was sad to watch that game as a Golden Panther fan. Again, congrats on the win this year....Maybe next year it will come back to its Miami home.... ;)
Back to the top

FIUFanatic, did you go to the game or watch it on TV? It still bothers me that FIU's fans never "travel" up to Dolphin Stadium. We always have a pretty fair number of fans at FIU Stadium.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

This was, by far, the worst traveled game by FIU fans so far....I did go to the game, as the other 4 times.
Back to the top

Fanatic, man I feel your pain man about the fans. I know I talked to a few of the guys about looking across the field and I got to tell you the kids are the most important part and I think Bostitch said its like the some of the players didn't care well when you turn around and see empty stands that has got to bother those kids. I don't know what to say except keep on the rest of the posters at you board and get them out of the mind set of the (as I read a few on your board) you win first before we go ain't going to cut it. Thanks for the thanks and I thought sure some of the bantering would haver started but nothing. WOW. Hey good luck next year (not) but it looks pretty darn good up in the Ox. Hey your guys can come and visit sorry had to trow at least one jab at ya. ;)
Back to the top

FIUFanatic said

This was, by far, the worst traveled game by FIU fans so far….I did go to the game, as the other 4 times.

There were actually some fans sprinkled in on the home side…
Back to the top
Control functions: