Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sportsline 119.............FAU is # 94

After our final game we land on #94. The season isn't over but I doubt the rank will change very much if at all. This is quite an improvment over last year. I think it was # 118. We never hit bottom. Came pretty close though.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/119/index2

Poor FIU. :-[

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

We beat out UCF !!!!???!??!!!!!
AMAZING !!!!!

We can sure use that for recruiting next year !

Way to GO OWLS !!!

FSU # 50 ?????
Back to the top

FAU is above Colorado, Mississippi State, Fresno State, and NC State. That is pretty good considering that three of the four are from BCS conferences. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Interesting. Hawaii is a top 25 team this year.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

faualum said

Interesting. Hawaii is a top 25 team this year.

Season's not over yet. Wait until the bowl's shake out.

Alot of the traditional powers have had VERY, VERY bad years, thus opening spots in the polls for some teams typically in the "others receiving votes" category.

However, it is exciting that we are moving up. Quite an improvement over what all the "experts" expected us to finish up as.
Back to the top

USF - # 45 !!!!
FSU - # 50 !!!

Who woulda thunk !?!?!
FAU will be a USF in 2 YEARS

GO OWLS !!!
Back to the top

USF has been very impressive. They are a real up and comer. However, a note of caution is that UCF was pretty successful about 7-8 years when Culpepper was there. Since then they have slid down. It is very difficult for an upstart program to stay good. I think USF can get it done though because they have the advantage of being in a BCS conference while UCF has never had that recruiting advantage. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

UCF was asleep at the wheel while Culpepper was there. :-X

That was their opportunity to become a real mid-major and to challenge the Big 3. They should have built that program around him and built something there.

Shows you how important a good recruiter is and having an administration that supports the program.
Back to the top

77 is right they should have done more but the were so googly eyed with culpepper they did some stupid recruiting. They followed a criteria of what a college team should be comprised of instead of looking at talent. If you fit the criteria you got looked at if not you could have been a very good prospect they ignored you. This I witnessed for at least two years with kids form my area. I went with them and it was almost laughable. One of the Head HS coach's laid out some kids on a silver platter and they turned up there nose. FAU is doing it the right way, and moving on solid ground. They are going the way of USF not UCF. If FIU doesn't want the rivalry I'm sure a nice one could be created by FAU and USF
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

UCF was asleep at the wheel while Culpepper was there. :-X

That was their opportunity to become a real mid-major and to challenge the Big 3. They should have built that program around him and built something there.

Shows you how important a good recruiter is and having an administration that supports the program.

Asleep at the wheel??? UCF was 9-2 in 1998 with their only losses coming to Auburn and Purdue. If that is asleep at the wheel, give me a sedative and put the car on cruise control ;D

The train fell off the tracks after Culpepper left, as you say, due to a lack of recruiting and relying on a one man circus. USF isn't making the same mistake. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: