Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

For all those talking coaching salaries (Article)

For all of you nosy ;) people out there, follow the link and you can see almost every major coaches contract and salary in D1, just click on the PDF link.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-11-16-coaches-salaries-cover_x.htm
Back to the top

Very interesting!!!

No matter which way you look a it, FAU got a bargain. Howard, if he had stayed at UM or Louisville, could be pulling down something between $1Mil - $2Mil. We were at the right time and the right place. We got a national championship D1A coach for a little more than the price of a Sunbelt coach. He is the highest paid coach in the conference.

What confuses me is, FIU is talking about brining in as big of a name as they can get. Strock was the 2nd highest paid in the conference and $71K less than Howard. Where is this money going to come from every year? I'm sure luring Garcia took a few bucks and their previous AD is still on staff.

According to the contract, Strock still had 2 years left. I read most of his contract. If he is terminated, he is intitled to $250K. If he resigns during any time other than 12/1 to 1/31 of any year, he has to pay liquidating damages of $250K. I have a feeling Stock was asked to resign.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I 2nd that….Very Interesting!!! It is a little confusing though. If you actually click on Schiano it does say that his base is $250,000.00
Back to the top

Garcia is committed to making FIU a contender, so I'm sure he'll open the pocketbook.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Garcia is committed to making FIU a contender, so I'm sure he'll open the pocketbook.

How can you open a pocketbook that is empty…or at best filled with chump-change?
Back to the top

Look at UCF in their conference. Kinda sticks out doesn't it? WOW! I guess that the benefit of a huge enrollment.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

faualum said

Look at UCF in their conference. Kinda sticks out doesn't it? WOW! I guess that the benefit of a huge enrollment.

Yeah, sticks out that they havent won many games given the amount of money they spend on O'Leary…
Back to the top

faudiehard said

SigEp77 said

How can you open a pocketbook that is empty…or at best filled with chump-change?

Good point. But I'm sure he knows a thing or two about capital campaigns and fund raising.

Just like a company, sometimes you have to operate in the red before you turn a profit.

I wouldn't discount Garcia.
Back to the top

If a small company operates in the red, they are bankrupt. If a large company operates in the red, they go public. Unless FIU plans on selling shares or bonds, I cannot see them bankrupting there school in order to gain a decent football coach.
Back to the top

One problem FIU faces is, they are still a young program that has yet to find much success on the field. The building process takes time and stability. If FIU plays it's cards right, they could find someone like Stockstill form MTSU who has made a huge difference in that program in a short period of time, the jury is still out on how he will continue to define the Raiders, next year will be interesting consideing the players they will lose to graduation.

IMO, FIU needs to find a young Coach with energy and South Florida connection, an OC or DC from a top program that is willing to build something - not many coaches can come into a sitaution like FIU and make it work.

Back to the top
Control functions: