Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

07' Redshirt freshman

07' Redshirt freshman

My question to you knowledgable/insider football people:

The freshman that redshirted this year, will any of them start over current starters next year? And at what positions?
Ryan Wichelski? Will he be starting on the o-line? He was a big time signing.

Also what about the big guy on the o-line, Kevin Miller, i didn't see him get any burn this year and he was the first guy we signed who was over 300lbs.

And Dennis Bowling? Another guy who redshirted this year who is pretty big.

I would assume these guys will step in next year.

Any other positions that you see guys starting over current and returing starters?
Back to the top

07' Redshirt freshman

I would expect all of them to vie for competition for playing time next year…they are all still growing and all good linemen…they had the opportunity to do what some of the other linemen (Faulk a prime example) could not do: redshirt…

This will allow a whole year of maturity without stepping on the field…they should all be very good by thier sophomore season of eligibilty…we are in good shape on the o-line for the next few seasons barring unforseen injury…

Unless we sign a stellar running back that would be pretty solid…nobody stepping in…Edgecomb should return as well…

Quarterback however does have some question marks…howard is fond of Smith…but this year we had no back-ups that could be relied on in the event of poor play - which definitley happened…that will not be the case next year…we are loaded at QB for next season…i think we actually have FIVE…all of which could feasibly play if called upon…i will list them in probable order - unless Howard decides to change his thinking:

Smith, Clayton, Cranor, Van Camp, Grant…

Grant is only listed last due to the fact that Howard has never mentioned him on record…he may be holding out, or he may not consider him in the mix…the jury is out on this…

A number of people have posted on here as to the talent he has…it will be an interesting spring to say the least…

WR should be interesting to watch unfold as well…we have alot of guys who are not really seperated by a distinct edge…

TE Housler is a go…However, there is one recruit who could see time, and possibly start at some point if he signs: Anthony Middleton… 6-5 220…a proto typical TE that is pretty quick with a 4.8 40…
Back to the top

07' Redshirt freshman

i think it goes without saying that first and foremost we need some consistency at the QB position. rusty showed some flashes but is he our long term answer?
did any of the 3, 300 lbers Exit39 mentioned get action this year, or did they all redshirt? what about corddero drummond? cleveland gary jr.? isn't he pushing 330 at defensive tackle?

wish spring practice wasn't so far away…
Back to the top
Control functions: