Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Recruiting - Commitments

Couple of Q's for the recruiting experts.

1. On the scout website I see we have extended 8 offers with no commits against some serious competition. Any thoughts on whether or not we will lock these kids down? I'm thinking our top ranked recruit, Anthony Middleton, will end up here if Schiano takes the Miami job.

2. Most players show interest level as medium. Is this due to the fact that we are in such a lowly conference and are still building our name in the CFB ranks?

3. Does Howard himself make house calls on these kids?

4. I like the fact that we are recruiting Florida, especially S. Florida, particularly hard. I know California and Texas breed some great players, NJ as well, but I don't think the talent can be matched in our state.
Back to the top

Recruiting - Commitments

Recruiting - Commitments

Although not an expert, i can help address your questions somewhat…

1. We are positioned better this year than we ever have been for recruiting overall…stadium talk, winning conference record, and now a chance to play against the possible national champion next year - UF…FIU has lost its edge on our head to head for a number of reasons…Middleton is a strong possibilty - unless someone else comes out at the last minute and makes him an offer…he was at the FIU game and appeared to have a blast…he was making some comments on the play of the team and where he thought he would fit in well…he was also in the locker room after the game - as well as alot of other recruits…from reports, they were all very excited to be there…some to the point that they felt they were already a part of the team…

2. Interest level remains at medium until a signal is given verbally by the recruit that they are swaying one way over the others…it is then switched to high…see Maurice Bynes for illustration…but also keep in mind that thiese are not the onle recruits…some are not posted…however, it is accurate for the most part…rivals.com is also another site you may want to check out…most of my confirmation comes through inside sources at FAU in compliance…

3. Yes, Howard still makes house calls to those he feels are a fit for the program…he doesnt with question marks…

4. Howard has stated numerous times, as well as other reputible coaches, that there is more than enough talent here in FL to fuel all of the top programs…and in fact, because there arent enough programs of merit, we lose them to other schools…as FAU is on the rise, it becomes more atrractive to keeping those kids here…this is his philosophy, and would agree with it whole heartidly…
Back to the top

Recruiting - Commitments

The commitments will come most likely after the new year. We have to wait for the big three and top out of state schools to get their commitments. A lot of these guys are hoping for offers from more well known programs. If those don't shake out in the next month or so, they could be coming our way.

I checked out rivals and very few SBC teams have received commitments thus far. The bigger schools get the early commitments. We just have to wait and see who slips through the cracks. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: