Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Up Next: UCF...

Add topic

They look strong, with 5-0 start…they also played FL Tech, which we beat by 17, and manhandled them, winning by 44…However, they also narrowly escaped Division II Rollins College at home in OT:

11/09/06 vs. Saint Leo # Orlando, Fla. W, 102-54
11/15/06 vs. Rollins College Orlando, Fla. W, 83-80 (OT)
11/18/06 vs. Stetson Orlando, Fla. W, 73-60
11/21/06 vs. Bethune Cookman Orlando, Fla. W, 81-46
11/24/06 vs. Florida Tech Orlando, Fla. W, 81-37
11/27/06 vs. Jacksonville Orlando, Fla. W, 99-62
12/09/06 vs. Florida Atlantic Orlando, Fla. 7:30 p.m. ET

UCF is lead by SO Guard Jermaine Taylor (17.4ppg), and SR Foward Josh Peppers (12.2ppg).

They currently lead Conference USA at .518% from the floor and also from behind the Arc at .438%…BUT what is appearant is that this was achieved by beating the likes of the opponents listed above, which contains three Div II Teams…

After losing to us last year, no doubt they will be out for revenge…if we defend like we did versus NSU in our last home game, and have strong play from Monroe and Graham once again, we will be in this game…

Look for more time from Holley as well, and possibly a debut by Sanchez Hughley…

No line as of yet…will post if one surfaces…

Back to the top

Looks like they have played well so far, albeit against not very strong competition. I'm looking forward to the game. It should give us an idea of where we stand. Getting Holley more time is key. Hopefully Hughley can provide some offense as well, but if nothing else, just having another healthy body is big.
Back to the top

a week of practive together will help tremondously.
Back to the top

yea but have to remember hughley won't get much time because of conditioning and not much practicing with the team…….he may only get a couple minutes of play

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

He's good enough to come in and play right away…you have to consider who he is vying for time against - Alarcon .350 % from the floor and .281% from beyond the arc…that's not going to keep Walter's nod…

Hughley is an all around guard who can pretty much do it all…he can create a shot, drive, and finish…he deosnt need to be isolated in the corner - the only place Alarcon has been able to hit…and he is much more athletic…

I'll liken it to what we saw when Holley took the floor…now one could argue that Holley had conditioning due to football, but Hughley has been doing cardio like a mad man lately on the bike, etc…its not gonna matter that much…
Back to the top

Game time is different, no matter how much work you do off the court, but even if he is running at 85%, it might prove to be enough, even if he only gets a minimal amount of playing time.
Back to the top

Wait and see ;)

We will all be happy…today they find out if he can go or not…
Back to the top

I'm pumped to see Hugley play. alarcon blows. Hugley, monroe, palmer, graham, holley.

that's a young nice lineup. Still need a big man to put it all together.
Back to the top

Alarcon needs someone to set him up...im going to date myself here, but remember Ryan Hercek from the billerman era? Guy could shoot, but needed to be fed and pretty isolated...same type of player...if we can get two penetration options, IE Holley and Hughley, they can feed him and he could be effective...but you are right in that so far he has been a disappointment...
Back to the top
Control functions: