Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Howard Retiring?

I have a friend who works for the Palm Beach Post and this is what he emailed me this morning…

"There's a rumor Marcus told me about today, that Schnellenberger will retire next season and FAU will name Terry Bowden Head Coach and Schnellenberger will stay on as consultant of Football Operations."

I think we can do better then Terry Bowden, but that's just my opinion.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Howard Retiring?

One thing:

"Rumor"….

Next…
Back to the top

Howard Retiring?

Jeez… 'tis the season to be jolly huh?

Just saying what i heard that is all, calm down

Back to the top

Howard Retiring?

I thought Howard was quoted in the recent past as saying he would be around a little while longer. I also thought he wanted to accomplish a little more before he steps down. He might feel he is still part of it all as a consultant.

His friends, Bowden and Paterno, are in the news. They are not ready to retire and are older than him.

When the time comes, who ever steps in, I'm sure Howard will have the biggest say-so as to who it is and the choice will be good.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Howard Retiring?

I agree Faualum.. If he does leave it will be when he's ready and when he feels someone can come in and not miss a beat. He's done a hell of a job so far would hate to see him leave

Back to the top

Howard Retiring?

He has to be frustrated with the whole stadium issue. Not to say that it is a reason for retiring, maybe it just adds to the other factors. Maybe his plan was to stay until a stadium was built and now it is going to be longer than he expected. He may have decided that he doesn't have enough in him to stick around until 2009 or 2010.

As for Bowden, we are still a year away. Commitments usually aren't made that far in advance, especially in the coaching world.

For now, lets hope that Howard stays around for a few more years. This team has the ability to be pretty good next year and in years to come. It would be nice to see him on the sidelines for the New Orleans Bowl. GO OWLS!!!
GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Howard Retiring?

As long as his health remains good, I think we can count on Coach being the Head Coach at FAU. I don't think that he would have it any other way, and I can't imagine him stepping aside and being just a consultant while someone else coaches. His contract runs through the 2009 season. Hopefully, within the next three seasons FAU will win the Sun Belt conference. Plus, I think that Gary Nord would be a better choice for Head Coach than Terry Bowden. Coach Nord led UTEP to a WAC championship, and has been with FAU since 2004.
Back to the top

Howard Retiring?

Easy Guys...

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Howard Retiring?

Howard Retiring?

Someone is starting rumors because of the way he voted :)
Back to the top

Howard Retiring?

I heard Howard is grooming Nord to take over.

But I pose a question: Do you think having Howard as head coach added alot of credibility to the program so that bringing in another good D1A coach would not be a problem? Just curious. I think Nord will take over. I'm just curious how much credibility we have gained with Howard in charge. FIU is still trying to find a high profile coach. Nothing yet.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: