Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

*Rice Cleared*

Add topic

Update:

Cleared for play 12/18/06!

Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

*Rice Cleared*

Thanks for ruining my Thanksgiving!!!
Back to the top

*Rice Cleared*

Rice wasn't anything special any way. Harris would've played over him. He provided depth but its not the end of the world.

where's mike bell when you need him?
Back to the top

*Rice Cleared*

Exit39 said

Rice wasn't anything special any way. Harris would've played over him.

Not sure i would go that far…check out his stats:

Rice lead the team with 16.1 points ppg, and shot 66-167 from behond the arc. last season…good for 39.5%…he also had 32 steals…second on the team…

Harris is not a pure shooter…he would not put up anywhere near those numbers…he's a great point guard though…
Back to the top

*Rice Cleared*

that was against A-Sun play. I'm not saying he's bad by any means but I would much rather lose him than graham, monroe, parmer, harris. I guess he would be a solid fifth on that. Hugley should be interesting if he can step in and fill that roll.
Back to the top

*Rice Cleared*

ok, but keep in mind that Harris played JC competition and did not put up anywhere near those numbers…

Rice is a pure shooter…he's a little streaky at times, but he's a "scorer"…

im with you all the way on someone stepping up…we need one more solid offensive weapon…Graham needs some help!
Back to the top

*Rice Cleared*

Anything new on this topic?
Back to the top

*Rice Cleared*

Nothing new to report…still awaiting the NCAA's ruling…it may be next semester before something is rendered…

However, there is a possibility that if hs isn't cleared, they will red shirt him and he will play next year…which for him may be the best option…he would be in better company with a true point guard to feed him off of lane penetration, with a kickout for a open shot…last year he had to rely on a screen mostly…

Will post if i hear anything more…
Back to the top

*Rice Cleared*

source says rice took a redshirt

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

*Rice Cleared*

*Rice Cleared*

Who's the "source"? I will confirm it with my "source"…internal
Back to the top
Control functions: