Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs UCF 12-09-06

Add topic

FAU vs UCF 12-09-06

Good luck to the biys tonight, let's make four in a row.

Go Owsl!!
Back to the top

FAU vs UCF

LET'S DO IT!

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

FAU vs UCF

This is a crazy game. UCF in the lead. Sounds like some bad calls against FAU. I hope the Owls play better than this during conference play. Owl's shooting is ice cold.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

FAU vs UCF

I was only able to listen to parts of the game, and it sounded like we played well right up until the end of the 1st half and then the wheels fell off and we couldn't hit a shot. We won't beat anyone shooting 30.9% from the field. Speaking of which, and not to pick on any one single player, but wasn't Alarcon supposed to be a sharpshooter? What is he shooting for the season now? 20%? He was 0-7 against UCF. Holley was one of the bright spots last night. I have a feeling it is only a matter of time until he is in the starting lineup and Alarcon is on the bench. We really need Rice, Cuka, Hughley and Perkins back. Any updates on them? Will any be ready to go against Troy on Wedneday?
Back to the top

FAU vs UCF

Sounds like this team needs to be more physical in general, once conference play starts we are going to have to find that physical presensence, hopefully the shooting will become more consistent once we do get some of the guys back.

Rex did mentioned that shooting needs to improve and also shouldered some of the blame for the lost.
Back to the top

FAU vs UCF

fauowls44 said

I was only able to listen to parts of the game, and it sounded like we played well right up until the end of the 1st half and then the wheels fell off and we couldn't hit a shot. We won't beat anyone shooting 30.9% from the field. Speaking of which, and not to pick on any one single player, but wasn't Alarcon supposed to be a sharpshooter? What is he shooting for the season now? 20%? He was 0-7 against UCF. Holley was one of the bright spots last night. I have a feeling it is only a matter of time until he is in the starting lineup and Alarcon is on the bench. We really need Rice, Cuka, Hughley and Perkins back. Any updates on them? Will any be ready to go against Troy on Wedneday?

As i predicted, if we played defense (we did in the first half very well) and Monroe, AND Graham had good games offensively, we would be in it…

Well, we played good for one half…Monroe played well for one half, and had ZERO points the second…and Graham, because of fould trouble, only played one half really…sooo, there you have it…we are not deep enough right now without them having solid games each time out…

Anyway, on to your very good points…

Alarcon:

One good year in highschool hitting completely wide open shots does not make you a pure shooter…as soon as another option (Give Holley more minutes!!!) gets the nod, he's on the bench…which was the original plan…they new they would have Hughley and Perkins for the two spot…he was signed as third deep (Alarcon) and not to play at this level of minutes, or as a reliant shooter…just a back-up and someone to keep fresh legs…

The jury is STILL out of Hughley and Perkins return date…Perkins had an irregular heart beat for his phsical before year began so that is the hold up with him…Hughley had shoulder surgery and he is STILL awaiting clearance to play…uhhh, its been four months…can we get a Doc on the house???

Cuka would have helped us out greatly last night, but thanks to a lazy professor, his grades were not completely in…i guess the other 2000 that graduated on Friday night had better professors…Cuka is a point that can shoot well, and we could move Holley to the two guard to drain threes…something he is MUCH better at than Alarcon…i think you may see this Wednesday night…

Not to fear…Our time is coming! Hopefully we can get on to this year's business Wednesday versus Troy…dont give up Hope…we still havent seen this team- you heard it here first ;)

ps…latest word on Rice from compliance office contact is that they are still trying to get him certified…
Back to the top
Control functions: