Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UNT hires HS Coach

Here is an ESPN article about UNT new Head coach.

ESPN Aritcle on UNT new Coach
Back to the top

UNT hires HS Coach

UNT hires HS Coach

He certainly has been successful at the high school level, an ultra competitive one at that. It will be interesting to see how that success translates at the next level. I am sure he will have the inside track on some top local recruits, but then again, those kids most likely are more interested in attending UT or A&M. Good luck to him!
Back to the top

UNT hires HS Coach

Baller07 said

He certainly has been successful at the high school level, an ultra competitive one at that. It will be interesting to see how that success translates at the next level. I am sure he will have the inside track on some top local recruits, but then again, those kids most likely are more interested in attending UT or A&M. Good luck to him!

Agree on al l points…what will be interesting is to see him coach with players that will be in the Belt's talent level…dont know if he will be able to "sway" some who could go higher to attend and play for him…that's what it will take for them to improve…personally, i think Dickey was a great coach…just didnt have the continual draw to keep the shelves stocked with high level talent…they won the belt under him how many straight years?

But then again, you dont win that many games by sheer talent - see Texas, or Tennessee for illustrations…

Who will he bring in as coordinators? I would think not high school contacts…outside of that, who could he possibly have as collegiate level contacts?

Will be interesting to watch it unfold…

One good thing…it will take a while to get his system in place…
Back to the top

UNT hires HS Coach

I hope he has some success (not against FAU) at the college level. The scary thing is that the jump he's making isn't that great, especially from the program he's coming from. It's practically college ball out there! The guy is a legend in Texas, so he'll be a very strong recruiter out there but I can't really see him ransacking florida for talent.
Back to the top

UNT hires HS Coach

I am an FAU Alum and a Southlake Carroll High School Alum. Coach Dodge was hands down the best high school football coach in the state of Texas. If youre wondering about his connections, dont. He was an all-american quarterback at the University of Texas in the early 80's which gives him credibility. Also, Southlake is in the middle of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex which gives him the credibility to recruit that area. I think he will bring UNT leaps and bounds from where there program is right now if the backing is there. Denton is a college town it just lacks the facilities of a big program. Anyway, knowing him personally I wish Todd Dodge the best of luck and would not be suprised to see him coaching a major program in the next 10 years.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

UNT hires HS Coach

Welcome to the board Walty, thanks for the insight.
Back to the top
Control functions: