Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium / Dome Design Images

Add topic

I got tired of going through the entire Innovation Village PDF every time I wanted to lok at the stadium plans, so I copied the images to a new page.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.palmswestpress.com/FAU_Stadium/FAU%20Stadium%20Designs.htm

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

BMarkey said

I got tired of going through the entire Innovation Village PDF every time I wanted to lok at the stadium plans, so I copied the images to a new page.

http://www.palmswestpress.com/FAU_Stadium/FAU%20Stadium%20Designs.htm

Thanks for posting the images in a more user friendly manner. One thing I just noticed. It looks like the field level is actually below ground level. That is something you don't see very often. I wonder how this will be done considering issues of drainage and the fall rain storms that are so common in South Florida. Any thoughts?? GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

We all wanted a covered stadium right? Now we will have one... Covered in water :)
Back to the top

First they have to build one - then cover it in water
Back to the top

I don't know if it looks below grade because of the perspective of the drawing or if it actually is below grade. If it is, I'm sure they will seal the concrete since I think the turf will be synthetic.

Is it possible the board will will change their vote come May?

Howard was recently quoted as saying he wants to raise funds to get this done before 2010. I really think he wants to have all his goals at FAU achieved before he retires. The time frame now does not suit him.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Bmarkey, I posted a condense version of the Innovation Village Goals and Pics of the proposed stadiums and how the stadium will look like in phases in a thread called "Innovation Village" pinned at the top for easy access, with a link to the PDF version as well.

Back to the top

I am glad its not going to be a domed stadium. I grew up in Houston watching teams in the Astrodome, its over-rated. Sports should be played outside in the elements. Go OWLS!!
Back to the top
Control functions: