Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Arena Upgrades to be complete in 07'

Add topic

Article from Sun Sentinel this morning comparing Troy to FAU and growth cycles of the prgrams…Angelos on record stating:

"This time next year we'll have a first-class arena," Angelos said about changes that will include a new facade and landscaping, chairback seats in portions of the stands and a remodeled lobby.

Wasn't sure what was meant by a new "facade", so looked it up:

Facade: the front of a building ; also : any face of a building given special architectural treatment <a museum's east facade>

Entire article: (need to copy and past entire link in browser)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/sfl-spfau13dec13,0,2182481.story?coll=sfla-fau
Back to the top

Troy's coach in that article makes it sound as if trying to compete in the Sun Belt is hopeless! Yes it is a big step for teams from the A-Sun, and there are some very good teams in the conference, I don't see this as an impossible challenge.

Anyway, on the Arena, i'm glad that they have plans in place to upgrade the facility. It is not a bad place to watch a game, but it definately needs a face-lift. The big key for the success of this program is to start to fill the building some more. When there is 1,000 or more people at the games like there was at times last season, the atmosphere was so much better. I'm not able to go to the game tonight, but I hope that there is a bigger crowd than the first couple of games out there. Hopefully attendance will pick up when the next semester begins and more students are on campus.
Back to the top

Troy is way outclassed when it comes to basketball facilities, in the SunBelt. Troy's arena, remodeld around eight to 10 years ago, is not much better than FAU Arena. Fans call it th "Concrete Box".

Even teams like UALR and South Alabama (no football) have nice arenas.

Like FAU, Troy hopes to build a new facilty and catch up, the way it did with football and baseball (as well as softball and track).

Back to the top

BMarkey said

Even teams like UALR and South Alabama (no football) have nice arenas.

That's because they have no football…what else are they going to spend thier money on…
Back to the top

Are they going to change the "pebble" wall look that went out of style once 1980 hit?? If they made Fleming Hall look nice, the basketball gym should be easy.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Are they going to change the "pebble" wall look that went out of style once 1980 hit?? If they made Fleming Hall look nice, the basketball gym should be easy.

Hope they do, Fleming Hall looks brand new.
Back to the top
Control functions: