Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bad News, Hoops Fans - Sun Sentinel/Ted Hutton

Add topic

Some of you may have already seen this blog…but for those of you who have not, it is a worthwhile read:

"Carlos Monroe is in trouble, and by extension, so are the Burrowing Birds. Coming off the embarrassing drubbing at North Carolina, the BBs must now contemplate playing the rest of the season without their big man.

'Administratively sidelined' is the company line.

That translates to grades, as in not making it. This rumor was out there, and had been denied. So Revasive has returned.

There may be some hope, if some grades get withdrawn through some magic, but it doesn't look good at this point. Monroe had a rough first semester grade-point wise, while he was putting up 16 per game.

So, it comes down to this trade – Rice for Monroe, since Rice's GPA was just high enough to make him eligible for the spring semester. Bad deal.

How much will FAU miss Monroe? Well, he is there only real presence down low, he had showed huge improvement over last season, and didn't the Burrowing Birds look helpless against North Carolina without him?

I talked to Jumpship-Oherty about how he had to scramble to find players after he took the job, since signing day had passed. He admitted he had to take some chances on players, and mentioned Rice and Monroe.

That has proved prophetic, as both have showed they had great stuff on the court but not in the classroom.

This could also come back to haunt FAU due to the NCAA's new Academic Progress Rate, which penalizes teams that lose players due to academic troubles. As long as Rice graduates and Monroe stays in school, they might slide by. But if Rice doesn't get a degree, and Monroe can't stick it out, they could lose a scholarship.

But that's in the future. Right now FAU is looking at a rocky, uphill road and they are tired and barefoot."

Sun Sentienl/Ted Hutton
Back to the top

f'ing blows. season over.
Back to the top

Pretty much…My Mr. Roger's impersonation:

"Can you say four guard offense boys and girls? I knew you could"…
Back to the top

hey remember that blog in the football section of who you wish you could have back............................................rodney webb.......oh yea of course mike bell but in this case webb......this blows

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

I want Rahim Brown back too.

so does this mean Jeff Parmer is our starting center?
Back to the top

Yep…and he's backed up by Kone' - a true backup…although they will probably run JP at the four at times…he needs to step up big time…

All is not lost though…when Graham gets back, we will have a more potent guard lineup…Rex might try and go small…

Holley
Rice
Graham
Crews
Parmer

At least in th is style of lineup we have three scrorers, and one who can shoot the three and pass well - Parmer…

Obviously crews is best at defensive assignments, creating turnovers and scoring off of them…

My "wish they were here" lineup:

Raheem Brown C
Rod Webb PF
Damon Arnette SF
Craig Buchanan SG
Ernest Crumbley PG

Off the bench:

Carlos Monroe C
Mike Bell PF
Paul Graham SF
DeAndre Rice SG
Philip Hyler PG

That would be sweet!

Back to the top

what a great all-time FAU lineup! i miss some of those guys, especially right now.
Back to the top

Any change in Monroe's status?

The ONLY reason I am asking is because Marcus' blog said it might get straightened out by Saturday. I would like to hear good news.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

I will post a new thread…get your hanky ready to wipe the tears away…it will be under:

"Downsized Burrowing Birds"
Back to the top
Control functions: