Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Orleans Bowl

The New Orleans Bowl is tonight and this is a winnable game for the SunBelt.

R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
Rice vs. Troy Dec. 22, 8 p.m.
New Orleans ESPN2 HD

Go Trojans!!

About the only time I will root for anyone against the Owls.

Back to the top

New Orleans Bowl

I almost feel wrong saying this…but I hope our Trojans don't break…under pressure that is.
Back to the top

New Orleans Bowl

I am here in New Orleans with my Dad (who of course is a Troy fan). Yesterday I got hell from Troy fans for wearing my FAU hoodie around (because its pouring raining here) Thank God for the dome :) I met some Rice fans (not too many here) and shared with them that I was an "owl" at my school but I guess I am rooting for the Sunbelt today. I cant wait till next year when it will be FAU in the New Orleans Bowl!!!!!

~Daphne

www.gotroytrojans.com has lots of updates about the game on their message board

AEA
Back to the top

New Orleans Bowl

faudiehard said

I almost feel wrong saying this…but I hope our Trojans don't break…under pressure that is.

;D

Thanks for the updates dmarkey, say hello to your father and enjoy your time in New Orleans. We all need to support all SB team in Bowl games, with good showing in these bowl games we increase the SBC respectability one game at a time.
Back to the top

New Orleans Bowl

Troy wins it

41-17

Rice threw 4 int

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

New Orleans Bowl

Good job Troy!
Back to the top

New Orleans Bowl

faualum said

Troy wins it

41-17

Rice threw 4 int

They had 5 INTs with the last one.
Back to the top

New Orleans Bowl

After watchign Omar Haugabook in the NO Bowl, I just keep thinking about how we need to increase our recruiting in the Glades.

Just look at the facts:
Omar Haugabook (Glades Central): New Orleans Bowl MVP, Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Year
Keyonvis Bouie (Pahokee): Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year
Glades Central: Class 3A state champs
CLewiston: Class 2A state runner up
Pahokee: Class 2B state champ
Glades Day: Class 1A state champs

Cerge Sincereis the only kid from the Glades on our roster, and he's turning into a nice young player.

Every other state school is a fixture out in Belle Glade and Pahokee. If we're serious about recruiting the state of South FLorida, it's about time we start looking out west and keep these players at home.

Not only is the talent there, but those fans will travel anywhere and we could use the attendance boost.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

New Orleans Bowl

Agreed Canadian Owl. Year after year, some great athletes come out of the glades area. Fred Taylor, Reidel Anthony, Brad Banks, etc. I believe Glades Central has more players in the NFL than any other school in the state of Florida.

Glades was Mario Cristobal's recruiting territory while at UM :-/
Back to the top

New Orleans Bowl

New Orleans Bowl

Also, it is in FAU's back yard and that makes it more reason to be picking up these kids. There are a lot of kids that are under that recruiting (stars) window that have talent and are overlooked. That to me is your payoff kids, I've worked with kids in the past that were kind of in the back row but worked one on one and pulled the talent out and became better than some of the super stars. There are kids out there that don't get stars by there names hell they aren't even on the board and end up being premier players because someone saw some thing in film watching another kid or noticed him at a game. Look at kids that are in the NFL also that come from smaller schools or D-II programs. They were kids overlooked or not thought to have what it takes to be a big time player or impact player. Those are the kids that play with heart and guts, they are the kids that win championships. When FAU wins a Bowl Game watch how it will impact recruiting, that is a no brainier but we need talent to do that and hopefully our coach's can exploit that talent with stars or without. ;)

P.S. Nice win Troy and that is also good for the Sunbelt now the Smurf's need to win also.
Back to the top
Control functions: