Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Motor City Bowl

This is another very winnable Bowl game for a Sun Belt team.

As much as this hurts, I will be rooting for the Smurf Puppies tonight in support our SB partners.

Motor City
Middle Tennessee vs. Central Michigan Dec. 26, 7:30 p.m. Detroit ESPN HD

Back to the top

Motor City Bowl

Middle gets twice the Bowl payout money as Troy by coming in second place in the SB, and going to the Motor City Bowl. I guess that's why it is so important for the SB teams to win the bowl games when invited to build some credibility for the conference and hopefully increase the payout for the New Orleans Bowl. Go Sun Belt! Go Owls!
Back to the top

Motor City Bowl

Motor City Bowl

What is the payout for the 2 bowls?
Back to the top

Motor City Bowl

New Orleans Bowl = $325,000 per team
Motor City Bowl = $750,000 per team

BCS bowls = $17M per team…the rich get richer.

Link to payouts: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-12-06-bowl-payouts_x.htm
Back to the top

Motor City Bowl

$17 mil would make a nice down payment on a STADIUM…too bad you need a STADIUM to play for $17 mil…

"Heel Draggers" ←- dont seem to get this BASIC premise yet…….
Back to the top

Motor City Bowl

Wow! Seems like MTSU actually wound up the winner afterall. Granted it is not 17 mil. but it sure would have been nice for FAU to get an extra 750,000 bonus in our x-mas stocking this year.
Back to the top

Motor City Bowl

ill be at the game tonight...CMU is really well coached..i think that the home factor will result in a victory...CMU 27-10
Back to the top

Motor City Bowl

faudiehard said

Wow! Seems like MTSU actually wound up the winner afterall. Granted it is not 17 mil. but it sure would have been nice for FAU to get an extra 750,000 bonus in our x-mas stocking this year.

Doesn't the whole conference share the bowl revenue?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Motor City Bowl

I highly doubt that...why reward other teams for the success of one?
Back to the top

Motor City Bowl

Unless things have changed, and they might have, it used to be the whole conference got some of the bowl money. That was particularly good for the SEC that used to get more teams in bowl games than any other conference. This was how programs like Vanderbilt and Northwestern survived.

Maybe it has changed. I haven't kept up with it.

Maybe Bytor or Talon can help with this one. They go back a few years.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: