Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tonight's Roster and Monroe Update

Add topic

LATEST LINE FIU - 5

Tonight's Roster:

Probable Starters
Holley
Crews
Rice
Simmons
Parmer

Off The Bench
Cuka
Alarcon
Kone
Rodriguez
Graham

Monroe is unlikely to play tonight…neither sports info, or compliance could confirm or deny his participation…however, the situation is as follows:

The one certain truth is that they are trying to get his GPA changed…could not directly confirm the basis on which this would occur (due to NCAA rules on commentary) but the two possible scenarios would include:

1. Additional work performed by Monroe to enable a professor to change a grade, or:

2. Having a course taken out of GPA calculation by way of a professor issuing an "incomplete" rather than the grade issued…

There is still hope for him to return, but nothing nailed down…it could never come, or come in the next hour.

Still no word on Hughley and Perkins…*zzzzzzz*…
Back to the top

Thanks for the update. Hopefully, they can get the Monroe situation worked out one way or another soon. Not knowing is sometimes worse than knowing for sure he'll be out the remainder of the year. Let's hope they can get him reinstated. Keep posting the info!
Back to the top

Great info, Florida Owl. At this point, it would seem to make sense to redshirt Hughley and Perkins unless we won a few SBC games and could use them to do better this year than anticipated. Does anyone know the rules on redshirting? If they do not play, can they be redshirted at any point during the season, or is there a cutoff point where they cannot be RS'd?
Back to the top

how is parmer's ankle?
what's the deal with FIU? They played Wisconsin well but how are they? Are we going to win this game?
Back to the top

Monroe is out. Parmer is back.
Back to the top

I just caught the end of Walter's pre-game interview and it sounded like Sanchez Hughley is playing tonight. Great news! Anyone else hear that?
Back to the top

i am in jville, anybody got the update on the game??…i saw on espn.com that is was 33 to 20 us with 4 minutes to go in the first and than it was hafltime 34-33 FIU……..plz tell me that was just a mistake upon espn and we didn't blow a lead like that before the half ended

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

Currently 50-44 Owls in the 2nd half. By the way, it wasn't 33-20, it was 33-30.
Back to the top

For those people too far away, here is a link for the game.

Free.

http://www.wjna.com/

Parmer doing well.

Am I wrong or is FAU shooting cold this year?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

nicceee win!

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top
Control functions: