Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

eni cuka

Add topic

man did I feel bad for him watching him ge berated on the bench by Coach Walters after missing a screen! So much so Balado took over during that TO.
Back to the top

eni cuka

eni cuka

That was brutal. It seems Rex is using a coaching technique where he beats a player down and then the assistants are there to comfort the player. I'm sure Rex talked to Cuka in private later. It lets everyone on the bench know who is in charge so when the coach says something, they take it serious. Doherty did it as well. He told Carlos to leave the bench area last year and go to the locker room because he didn't want to look at him. It was because Carlos did not run off the court toward the bench when he was being substituted. He walked off and Doherty went crazy. Then Doherty sent an assistant to check on him. Bobby Knight is a master at it. He used to throw future first-round draft choices out of practice for dogging it in practice. It works but looks very ugly. You just hope the kid has some thick skin and uses it as motivation instead of wanting to quit.
Back to the top

eni cuka

I don't like it all! That doesn't need to happen. It doesn't send a warning it makes rex look like an a**! It's better to teach than to berate. to me all that does is tell eni he's being singled out sorry not a big fan of that!
Back to the top

eni cuka

Good and bad in this…

To drop the "F" word in public like that twice was a bit much - just my opinion though…

However, Cuka did not do what he was told at all - he ran his own play…and that is what Rex got mad at him about…that type of stuff cant be tolerated…

Kind of reminicent of the Reggie Jackson/Billy Martin days:

Bunt signal given, and Jackson strikes out swinging…

Rex did come back up to him after play had resumed and was more gentle with him :)
Back to the top

eni cuka

I think Rex knows what he is doing. Not many teams win without discipline, no matter how great the talent. Also, Walters knows these kids well enough to know who to make an example out of and who to coddle.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: