Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

07'

Add topic

07'

Royster C
Monroe PF
Parmer SF
Graham SG
Nwogi PG

Bad ass lineup for next year. And that's without Owens, Hugley and Perkins.

Royster is 6'8"
Back to the top

07'

Oooh yeah…we are going to be a completley different team next year - and within two seasons THE team to beat…

BTW, Owens is probably going to start ahead of Parmer…Parmer will more tham likely go to the four exclusively…Owens is a slasher at the three spot…far as i know, no one in the Belt with his style of skillset…he is really a pure three man…
Back to the top

07'

Where does Holly fit into this mix? I know he is still young but I thought he played well against WKU

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

07'

Holley will play...we will have two true points in Holley and Nwoji...i doubt Cuka will see much time at that spot...
Back to the top

07'

Sammy was referred to as a "tough" player in the article. Rex criticized the team for not being tough enough against WKU.

It sounds like Rex is wanting to build a very physical, quick team.

Too bad Sutton didn't work out.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

07'

Sutton is not a completely lost cause...but not saying to put any Hope in him coming back either...he is playing at a CC up in central florida...he will likely transfer back to D1 at some point...Rex had an issue with his academic committment...people change over time...wonder if the door is permanantly closed...i know Rex said they have parted ways...but then he reports on his progress months later...and he still keeps in touch with him...hmmm...makes one wonder...
Back to the top

07'

Florida_Owl said

Sutton is not a completely lost cause…but not saying to put any Hope in him coming back either…he is playing at a CC up in central florida…he will likely transfer back to D1 at some point…Rex had an issue with his academic committment…people change over time…wonder if the door is permanantly closed…i know Rex said they have parted ways…but then he reports on his progress months later…and he still keeps in touch with him…hmmm…makes one wonder…

It was his academic committment? Really? I know Rex is tight lipped but I always assumed it was a team committment problem or just a bad attitude.

If he has been playing then his ACL must be doing ok.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

07'

Well, i know that was part of it…not saying that was all of it…here is what Rex had to say about him recently:

"As for Jimmie, I am really happy that he is playing up at Central Florida Community College. He is a good kid and I want nothing but the best for him. I hope he finds what he is looking for and he has a fan in me. Right now, I have 14 guys that I will work with and everyday our goal is to get better. "
Back to the top

07'

When I spoke to Rex well before the season started, he made it sound like it was a lack of commitment to the team. Rex visited Sutton on a few occasions and it always seemed like he was waiting to find a better offer but said he still was coming to FAU. After a few visits Rex told him he needed to look elsewhere because Rex was looking for players that were commited to the program. I do agree with Florida_Owl that you have to wonder if the door is totally closed. Go Owls!
Back to the top

07'

Only one thing to add…if he were truly doing that (looking for other offers), at 6-10 and 250lbs with MOBILITY, and great athleticism, why would you have your only offer be a Community College? ANY team in the A-Sun would take him…

Further indication it was primarily academics…

Also, if you heard what Rex stated as the three part mission of his role towards a player, last night in regards to Sammy Hernandez (and all other players) number one was "to graduate"…academics comes first and foremost in his "committment" checklist…if that isnt there, nothing to talk about…
Back to the top
Control functions: