Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Track Update

Im only posting this here because there has been talk about the new track, etc and possibly using it as an alternative place to play if we find ourselves in a pinch…

Well, here is the dealio…I spoke to Alex Smolka (Head Track Coach) last night at the game, and this is what he said:

1. It is completely finished
2. Will open in the Spring of 07'
3. Will hold first meet in Spring of 08'
4. No PressBox plans***
5. No stands/bleachers plans***
6. No restroom/locker facilities plans - yikes!***

***BUT, he mentioned that he has a pledge from "someone" for a $1 Mil contribution towards the facility for upgrades…i asked if it was eligible for state match, and he said "yes"…so, if that pans out, he said they "will build a pressbox, and stands for 5000 fans"…also, some restroom, meeting, and locker room facilities…

The track looks great, but unless they are willing to dress, meet, and walk from Oxley, it aint gonna work for Football…he said the gymnasium facilities would be used for restroom until another option (ie the above) presents itself…

Back to the top

Track Update

I was on campus about a week ago and the track does look great. However, it doesn't look like there is much room for seating around the track. I do not think it has the room to put enough seating in place for football. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Track Update

You put the bleachers ON the track...duh.
Back to the top

Track Update

The side by the street may be a little narrow but I looked at it and you could put some in from the side walk (street side) to the edge of the track and I would say cram in 5 to 8 K the rest would have plenty of room for another 10 to 12.
Back to the top

Track Update

Florida_Owl said

The track looks great, but unless they are willing to dress, meet, and walk from Oxley, it aint gonna work for Football…he said the gymnasium facilities would be used for restroom until another option (ie the above) presents itself…

When we play at Lockhart dont out players use the Ft Lauderdale Stadium lockers? I saw them heading across the street once I thought last season?

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Track Update

They use the baseball stadium locker rooms as far as I know. The visiting team uses the ones actually in Lockhart.
Back to the top

Track Update

GhostOfBuchanan said

You put the bleachers ON the track…duh.

That won't work either. There simply isn't enough room between the field and track for sidelines, nor is there enough room on the track for 15,000 worth of bleachers. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Track Update

I heard that they are having a ribbon cutting ceremony next wednesday for the track and as soon as that's finished the track is open for use.
Back to the top

Track Update

Track Update

any pic's of the finished product?
Back to the top

Track Update

I'd love to see some pictures and just campus pictures in general if anyone has any to post.
Back to the top
Control functions: