Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UF vs OSU

Everyone cheer for UF tonight. The reason being, a UF victory means we play the defending national champions next year. And we have to cheer on the home boys.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

UF vs OSU

UF vs OSU

Next year we will be playing the defending national champs in Gainesville.

Back to the top

UF vs OSU

Great for recruiting...they looked strong...although i didnt watch the whole game because it was too late, what i did see looked very diverse from an offensive standpoint...they scouted the buckeyes extremely well...
Back to the top

UF vs OSU

If OGowl were here this question would be for him.

Looking at UFs offense last night, without much of a running game they were throwing a lot of short passes. I'm not sure any were long. Besides Tebow, they didn't run very much. Was this what Howard was trying to do this season? Clayton and Smith never or rarely threw down field. We had a few successful running games though but it wasn't consistent. UF was successful at this because Leak was cool as a cucumber and the receivers never dropped a pass. They were catching everything. I just thought it resembled a little if what FAU was doing all season especially in games when the running game wasn't working.

Back to the top

UF vs OSU

faualum said

If OGowl were here this question would be for him.

Looking at UFs offense last night, without much of a running game they were throwing a lot of short passes. I'm not sure any were long. Besides Tebow, they didn't run very much. Was this what Howard was trying to do this season? Clayton and Smith never or rarely threw down field. We had a few successful running games though but it wasn't consistent. UF was successful at this because Leak was cool as a cucumber and the receivers never dropped a pass. They were catching everything. I just thought it resembled a little if what FAU was doing all season especially in games when the running game wasn't working.

Florida has the athletes to be able to do that. They count on matching up one on one and having their athletes beat the opposing athletes. It worked to great success against Ohio State. Notre Dame employed a similar tactic against LSU and it didn't work at all because LSU had superior athletes. I saw first hand how Notre Dame ran the same offense against Army late in the season and it worked to perfection. The point is that it works if the offense has better athletes than the defense. If not, it is a poor strategy. I don't know if FAU was going for the same type of strategy throughout the season. However, in many instances the FAU receivers were better than the opposing defenders. I personally like to see a run game as a viable option. Next year FAU should be better on the ground and we should see some pretty good offensive performances. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: