Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

radio tonight is...

Add topic

crystal clear 7 minutes
Back to the top

radio tonight is...

Here is the Radio link for those that need it:

Radio Link to Tonights Game

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

radio tonight is...

tough loss, 4 at home. I wasn't able to listen to the game. Anyone have the highlights?
Back to the top

radio tonight is...

radio tonight is...

Too many missed free throws. That and the Owls gave up a 25-10 run to start the 2nd half. Pretty decent crowd though.
Back to the top

radio tonight is...

crowd was really into it, too bad we had the refs against us and the 40,000 missed free throws didn't help either

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

radio tonight is...

4 points. The owls are either hot or cold shooting. This game was winnable if they just had an average night scoring. I read they shot 39.6%. They missed layups and fast breaks. Free throws, just think, as many times as they went to the line (33), if they had made 5 more free throws.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

radio tonight is...

Five times late in the game, the FAU defense held, but the offense could not respond with a bucket.

They must have missed 15 free throws.

Relatively simply short shots and layups did not go in.

The crowd was decent but not great. It was good to see students in different groups spread around the arena. But the crowd (except for th band, which always shows spirit and always cheers) did not really get into the game until near the end, when FAU cut an 11-point lead down to 3 to 5 points and made a very late run.

The officiating was HORRIBLE, and at one point, the refs could not even agree with each other and had to stop the game for a lengthy conference.

I asked myself several times, "Why can't the students and fans cheer along with the band songs ("F-A-U") and organized cheers by the cheerleaders, dancers and PrOwlers? Maybe the cheerleaders and PrOwlers need to break up around the arena with cheat-sheet signs and literally lead the cheers until the crowd gets to know and use them.

Disappointing, unnecessary loss.
Back to the top

radio tonight is...

looking at the box score…MTSU shot over 60%. Our defense has been pretty poor over the last two games. Something hopefully they can fix in practice.
Back to the top

radio tonight is...

RhodeIslandOwl said

looking at the box score…MTSU shot over 60%. Our defense has been pretty poor over the last two games. Something hopefully they can fix in practice.

No inside defense…thats why…they have no outside game…got lucky and hit two threes at the beginning of the game…we couldnt hit our free throws…those two things cost us this game…
Back to the top

radio tonight is...

My favorite part of the game: seeing how fired up Sammy Hernandez was getting on the bench, that kid is hungry to get out there and help the owls. at one point he actually ran a few feet onto the court after a terrible call, i can't wait until December to see him play.

BMarkey, I agree with you about fan support. the attendance was good in the second half but the people in the stands must not know how to help rally a basketball team. I found myself shouting at the people in my section to get up at crucial times in the game. right near the end of the game the gym got loud with a d-fense chant but it was too little too late.

The athletic department needs to get some traditions started because the fans don't know what to do. it's nice that we have some sort of free throw thing going on now but otherwise you don't hear much out of the fans. print out cheat sheets for all the fans and get something going!!!

a very winnable game last night and we came out ice cold in the second half, it killed us.
Back to the top
Control functions: