Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Recruiting edge

MC is working fast. I have seen this kid play in person on a few occassions, this is a great pick up for FIU. He is athletic with a legit arm…none of that m.sovereign weak stuff.

I hope HS has some big surprises up his sleeve.

Jan. 10
Bryan Mann, QB
Belle Glade, FL
Glades Central High School

Scouts Grade: 69
Position Rank: 145 FIU picks up in-state QB
Florida International picked up a verbal commitment from Mann, reports the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
"The new coaching was a big part of it, especially with the offensive coordinator [James Cooley] coming from coaching at LSU where he worked with the quarterbacks," he told the paper. "And if he coached guys like JaMarcus Russell, that's good enough for me."
Back to the top

Recruiting edge

Looks like a good commit for FIU. However, I remember when they signed Padrick and people thought that he was a stud and while he had decent numbers, I don't think he ever lived up to expectations. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Recruiting edge

That is four commits for FIU. On the QB thing what happened to the kid from Orlando they were courting.
Back to the top

Recruiting edge

Padrick wasn't a highly regarded QB out of high school. I think you might be confusing him with FIU's original QB Jamie Burke who got injured in his sophomore year, basically for good.

The QB from the Orlando area, Taylor Beasley did receive a call from MC honoring the commitment, according to a post from his mother in our board.

Regards to all Owls fans and a very happy new year!!
Back to the top

Recruiting edge

Recruiting edge

Same to you Fanatic on the New Year and good luck on your new head coach
Back to the top
Control functions: