Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2007 CFN preseason rankings

This looks like a copy and paste of the 2006 finish. WE KNOW we will be better than 109 in 2007.

Just thought I would post it FYI.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/609734.html

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

South Florida at 26.... They have that program humming along.
Back to the top

faualum said

This looks like a copy and paste of the 2006 finish. WE KNOW we will be better than 109 in 2007.

Just thought I would post it FYI.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/609734.html

Pretty much…btw, take a look at the "fearless predictions" from last year…i think they choked like 4 times on us…
Back to the top

That poll looks to be complete garbage. How does Louisville fall all the way to 28 and Boise State to 37??? I can Boise State falling to the mid 20-25. However, Louisville should be a powerhouse again next year. They should start the season in the top 15 until they prove that they don't belong there.

FAU might start at 109, but they will finish in the top 80.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Their preseason rankings make absolutely no sense whatsoever:

75. Stanford 2006 Record: 1-11
85. Duke 2006 Record: 0-12

There are other rankings that make no sense either but these in particular make absolutely no sense. They shouldn't even be ranked better us and especially that much better than us.
Back to the top

They rank higher based on the overall schedule and league talent level...Duke is in the ACC...ACC talent doesnt equate overall to Belt talent...just being objective on this...
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

They rank higher based on the overall schedule and league talent level…Duke is in the ACC…ACC talent doesnt equate overall to Belt talent…just being objective on this…

I can see that but when you are duke and you lose to D1AA Richmond and UNC, conference should not even come into the equation.
Back to the top

It shouldn't, but remember these are pre-season polls for next year. What that means is that they obviously expect Duke and Stanford to have better years next year. I still do not agree with FAUs position in the poll. At worst FAU goes 4-8 next year. That deserves a far higher ranking than 109. However, if you look at it, the SBC has all 8 teams in the bottom 20. That doesn't speak well for conference strength. GO OWLS!!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Not if those four wins are against teams 110-119.

Honeslty how much higher do you expect us to be? We improved throughout the season but when you look at the big picture we got killed against our first four opponents and lost two both bowl teams from our conference.

the ranking isn't very far off, I'd say were probably 90th in the nation.

Just because we 'suppose' to be better next year they still have to look at we've done.

Two non-conference wins and cleaning up the sunbelt and will be a top 40 team.
Back to the top

I think we are on the verge of turning a major corner in development…we will have a great perspective on this when signing day comes…

One thing is for sure…we are recruiting at a much higher level than we have been in the past…

i dont see the Belt taking us next year…in fact, i see us taking the Belt…only a few to consider as worthy opponents - Troy, and MAYBE ASU…MTSU has no quarterback to speak of that compares to Marks…

Cristobal has his hands full…as well as Dodd…not going to happen overnight…

It will be interesting to see how things pan out…….
Back to the top
Control functions: