Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Orlando Franklin

Check this out….this sounds like we might have a shot at this kid!

http://mb28.scout.com/fmiami20779frm15.showMessage?topicID=13147.topic

Or just read it here:

Chad Simmons
Recruiting Analyst

Related Links:

Orlando Franklin Video
Talk about it in The Vault
Many schools are trying to get in the race now that they know Orlando Franklin has opened his recruitment back up. Franklin signed with Miami in 2006, but NCAA Clearinghouse held him back from enrolling last fall. Just last week Franklin was naming a final two, but a third school has entered the race.

Orlando Franklin says Miami, Georgia, and Florida Atlantic are even right now.
"I decided last week to take a visit to Florida Atlantic University this weekend," said Franklin. "It was close to home, they have been recruiting me, and I wanted to see what they were about."

Franklin was impressed with FAU.

"I liked it ? I really did," he said. "Coach Snellenburger is there and he is a great coach. I like how they recruited me too. They didn't try to get me to commit or anything. They just talked their school, the football program, and they didn't say much about recruiting or anything. I really liked that. They didn't pressure me at all."

The Owls are now in the mix with two big time programs.

"They (FAU) are now up there with Georgia and Miami," Franklin said. "I was really impressed with the program and the coaches. They were great."

Florida Atlantic received the first of Franklin's three official visits.

"I am visiting Georgia (1/19) next weekend and then I will probably visit Miami the weekend (1/26) after that," he said. "It is really down to those three."

The Dawgs, Canes, and another in-state program are sending coaches down over the next 24 hours.

"Florida State is on the way right now," Franklin said Sunday afternoon. "Coach Trickett (OL Coach) is coming in for a visit and then Miami is coming in tonight for a visit. Coach Shannon (Head Coach) and Coach Pannunzio are coming in Sunday night too."

"On Monday, Georgia is coming into my home for a visit. Coach Bobo (Offensive Coordinator), Coach Jancek (Franklin's Recruiting Coach), and Coach Searels (OL Coach) are coming down."

Right now, it is down to three schools for Franklin.

"It is Miami, Georgia, and FAU," he said. "I don't really have a leader right now. I am getting recruited by a lot of other schools, but I am really just thinking about those three. I am probably going to take my visits and then make my decision."
Back to the top

Orlando Franklin

Sweet...keep beefing up that O-line...i know we dont have any "commitments" right now, but you have to love the aggression of our recruiting this year! :)
Back to the top

Orlando Franklin

I'd imagine once he visits those big time programs and compares the facilities and atmosphere he will drop FAU…but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Never know maybe he likes the idea of a low key atmosphere, and being near home.
Back to the top

Orlando Franklin

Even if he doesn't come here, that has to help having our school mentioned along with UM and Georgia…..ahead of FSU right now.
Back to the top

Orlando Franklin

The more highly recruited players we get to committ to FAU the easier it will be to get more. Getting Orlando Franklin will be a good credibility boost.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Orlando Franklin

It is nice to see that he is keeping FAU as an option. I am wondering where schools like USF and UCF are at for this kid. Maybe they aren't recruiting him. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Orlando Franklin

Orlando Franklin

Franklin looks like the real deal. Rivals has him as a four star althete and he also has Ohio State on his list. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Orlando Franklin

Yea last year rivals had him ranked as the 23rd offensive tackle in the nation. He committed to Miami and didn't qualify. Perhaps thats what is scaring off other schools. Anyways he's supposed to be very impressive. Hopefully he wants to stay home.
Back to the top

Orlando Franklin

Maybe we just kept in touch with him…that's what UCF did to get Daunte Culpepper when he didn't qualify at first. Landing him would be great for our school.
Back to the top

Orlando Franklin

He could probably step in and contribute probably right away...i know Howard likes to RS Frosh, but in this guys case, it may not be necessary given his skill level and athleticism...
Back to the top
Control functions: