Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sad news from Bulls country

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9937408

South Florida freshman running back dies after workout

Jan. 17, 2007
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

TAMPA, Fla. – A South Florida running back Keeley Dorsey collapsed and died Wednesday after a team conditioning workout at the school's athletic facility.

The 19-year-old freshman died at University Community Hospital, South Florida said in statement.

Dorsey was a graduate of Tallahassee Lincoln High School.

"The USF community is extremely shocked and saddened by the death of one of our student athletes on campus today," South Florida President Judy Genshaft said. "There is nothing more tragic than the loss of one of our students, and our thoughts and prayers go out to Keeley's family, friends and fellow athletes and students."

Dorsey was given first aid before he was transferred to the hospital, the school said.

A telephone message left with South Florida's athletic department was not immediately returned. A hospital spokesman did not immediately know Dorsey's condition when he arrived.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
Back to the top

Sad news.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Damn I hate hearing stuff like this - Prayers to the family and team
Back to the top

I remember when Walter Campbell died at FAU during men's hoops practice…and they weren't even doing anything…they just had begun to stretch and he slowly bowed his head into his chest and didnt move…the guys were all shouting at him, "Walt, cmon man stop playing around…" he past away right under the goal post on the North end of the arena…it was a very sad time…

As Talon mentioned Prayers to his family and friends…Hope he is eternally at Home now…
Back to the top

It was Walter Turner who died, not Campbell.

And since his death, FAU now requires echocardiograms for all athletes. Or did last time I checked anyway.
Back to the top

You're right…brain freeze…

Exactly…this is why Perkins has been sidelined…
Back to the top

I am sorry to hear about that.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Tough day for all of Bulls Nation, hopefully the family will get through this tough period.
Back to the top

How long ago did this happen to Walter Campbell? It's very sad what happened. You don't wish that upon anyone especially a 19 yr old kid

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

He played for Kevin Billerman...huge kid...6-10 275...he was a very nice young man...
Back to the top
Control functions: