Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun Belt tourney

Add topic

Sun Belt tourney

Does anyone know how the sun belt tournament works? there's 13 teams so either someone doesn't make it or someone gets a bye.

Also… that' 12 teams left, after the first round that would be six teams? you can have a playoff with six teams, there needs to be a bye?

the only thing I can think of is the top three teams get a bye in the first round, everyone makes it, which is ten teams, after the first round there's five teams left, plus the three teams that had a bye, which makes 8.

were is the tournament? I hope to get a first round bye but if not I think we can get the first round at home.
Back to the top

Sun Belt tourney

Here is the format for the SBC Basketball Tournament:

Per the SBC official Site:

Basketball Tournament Format
Courtesy: Sun Belt Conference

Format for the conference tournament beginning in 2007.

1. Each divisional winner will receive a bye into the conference tournament along with the team with the next best conference record regardless of division. (The ?Wild Card? Concept)

2. The first round of the tournament will be played at campus sites with the higher seed hosting the lower seed i.e. 4th seed vs. 13th seed, 5th seed vs. 12th seed, 6th seed vs. 11th seed, 7th seed vs. 10th seed and 8th seed vs. 9th seed.

3. The winners of these five on campus games will advance to join the top three seeds at a common site where the quarterfinals, semi-finals and finals will be held.

Tournament Dates: Fed 28th - March 6th, with the ULL being the Host this year.

Back to the top

Sun Belt tourney

Right now, if we were to finsh out at the pace we are on (.500) we would be in good shape to host a game...but i would like to get to fifth or sixth place...we have a great shot at doing so!
Back to the top
Control functions: