Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Time to play ball: Mississippi Valley St.

Add topic

Sure basketball is in full swing, but don't forget about the baseball team. After a down year last season we leave the A-Sun and take our first steps into the Sun Belt Conference.

But tonight's season opener is against MVSU. Not exactly a baseball powerhouse coming out of the SWAC, but it's our opener non the less. I would assume Mickey Storey gets the start tonight so he can get off to a better start than last season's disasterour 12-1 loss to Tennessee.

I usually would post something about the opponent, but MVSU doesn't even have its schedule up on their web site.

So just to get everyone in the mood, check out coach Cooney's Diamond Diary.

http://fausports.cstv.…el/fau-diamond-diary.html

… and here is The Post's season preview:

http://www.palmbeachpo…6b_FAU_baseball_0202.html

… and the Herald's:

http://www.miami.com/m…rts/colleges/16601883.htm

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Looks like it should be a great night for baseball, hope to see a nice turn-out for the season opener.

Go Owls!!

Back to the top

How about radio coverage? I'm listening to the campus station right now. Are they getting ready to cut over to the game?
Back to the top

Great opener! Storey allowed just one unearned run and three hits in five innings with eight Ks for the win and the bullpen allowed just one hit the rest of the way.

Danny Bombeck had three hits, including a solo homer, and drove in two runs. William Block also had three hits. We also had six stolen bases.

If our bullpen can perform like this all season we could be in for a nice run.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Mickey Storey looked unbeievable!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

With the depth we have on pitching and the way they preformed tonight, things do look good.

I did notice a nice turn-out of students last night - hopefully it the start of a good thread.

Great win for the Owls'.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

WTG #7! Great job.

Block & Bombeck were both impressive.

Great turnout! Somebody is getting word to the student body that FAU has a baseball team!

One negative comment: How much can it cost to replace some burnt out light bulbs on the scoreboard????? Talk about 'BUSH- LEAGUE". I mean what….did the season sneak up on the organization so they were unable to fix it in time for opening night? Come on….have a little pride in the image you put out, not just with the players on the field, but with the facilities you have to work with. (I won't even mention the restrooms) :-(

Good luck to the Owls in the DH today!
Back to the top

Great win last night-good to get off to such a strong start. Mickey Storey was great-hope we can sweep them today to keep the good momentum going. Ive got to agree on the scoreboard though-its looking worse each year. With all the fundraisers that have been held over the last few years youd think there was enough money for a new scoreboard. Oh well you know things went well last night when the only negative is the scoreboard and not play on the field!
Back to the top

GoOwls said

One negative comment: How much can it cost to replace some burnt out light bulbs on the scoreboard????? Talk about 'BUSH- LEAGUE". I mean what….did the season sneak up on the organization so they were unable to fix it in time for opening night? Come on….have a little pride in the image you put out, not just with the players on the field, but with the facilities you have to work with. (I won't even mention the restrooms) :-(

I would say email the athletic dept with complaints like this. I agree, something as simple as burned out light bulbs can have have a big effect. Unless there is something wrong with the electronics in the score board, its an easy fix.

Back to the top

E-MAIL E-MAIL E-MAIL…. EVERYONE SHOULD E-MAIL THE DEPARTMENT FOR ANY AND EVERYTHING (SMALL TO LARGE PROBLEMS/COMMENTS)… it's the only way to show there are people out there who care about FAU athletics and want to see it grow!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: