Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tight Ends and Coach Vandevere

Back to the top

I wish coach Vandevere all the best, but he will be missed. I know the players really liked him.

And Coach, there will always be room for you in our tailgating crew. I'll put a couple extra hamburgers on the grill for you right now.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I don't get it. Muse was one of the top rated TEs recruits in the nation coming out of high school. Now Howard wants to move him to tackle? I'm sure his talents as a blocker are good but I'm just a little suprised.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

faualum said

I don't get it. Muse was one of the top rated TEs recruits in the nation coming out of high school. Now Howard wants to move him to tackle? I'm sure his talents as a blocker are good but I'm just a little suprised.

I've said it since day one. The tight end spot is too deep right now for us to waste unused talent we have there. Heck I want Muse lined up at TE just as much as you do, but right now the team needs him at RT so that is where he is going to be put. Our talent at TE outweighs our talent at the tackle position. It would be better to have a talented young guy starting TE and Muse playing tackle, than an unexperienced Tackle starting with Muse at TE. Follow what I'm saying?
Back to the top

Does anyone know how big Muse is?
Back to the top

Wilds coming back is huge, if he can stay healthy and there are a couple red-shirted freshmans that have yet to see action.

Things are shaping up nicely for our offense to becoming a complete and more consistent offense, something we haven had in a few years.

Is it time for spring ball yet.

Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Paul Muse TE ? 6-3 ? 250 ? *Fr. ? RS Jacksonville, Florida First Coast High School 87 Muse Fact: Florida Times Union Super 11 player who was also a baseball prospect out of high school. Fall 2006 Depth Chart Position: Reserve tight end Overview: One of many tight ends who will be in the mix…will battle for playing time with classmate Durrell Barry…Tigers look to play as many as four tight ends in a game, so there will be playing time for several Tigers…hails from Jacksonville, FL, which has been a good recruiting base for the Tiger program…outstanding baseball player who played in a state all-star game. 2005: Red-shirted. Before Clemson: SuperPrep Dixie team member as the #91 prospect in Florida…#28 tight end in the nation by CollegeFootballNews.com and #40 tight end by SuperPrep…Rivals.com #19 tight end in the nation and #61 player in Florida…Florida Times-Union Super 11 and Super 24 team pick…high school teammate of Brandon Croley…coached by Marty Lee…chose Clemson over Auburn, Central Florida, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Maryland, and Mississippi…born Paul B. Muse on Mar. 30, 1986…majoring in sport management.
Back to the top

footballfan47 said

fauowls44 said

Paul Muse TE ? 6-3 ? 250 ? *Fr. ? RS Jacksonville, Florida First Coast High School 87 Muse Fact: Florida Times Union Super 11 player who was also a baseball prospect out of high school. Fall 2006 Depth Chart Position: Reserve tight end Overview: One of many tight ends who will be in the mix…will battle for playing time with classmate Durrell Barry…Tigers look to play as many as four tight ends in a game, so there will be playing time for several Tigers…hails from Jacksonville, FL, which has been a good recruiting base for the Tiger program…outstanding baseball player who played in a state all-star game. 2005: Red-shirted. Before Clemson: SuperPrep Dixie team member as the #91 prospect in Florida…#28 tight end in the nation by CollegeFootballNews.com and #40 tight end by SuperPrep…Rivals.com #19 tight end in the nation and #61 player in Florida…Florida Times-Union Super 11 and Super 24 team pick…high school teammate of Brandon Croley…coached by Marty Lee…chose Clemson over Auburn, Central Florida, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Maryland, and Mississippi…born Paul B. Muse on Mar. 30, 1986…majoring in sport management.

If they are moving him to RT, I assume he has added a few pounds.
Back to the top

Howard is getting paid to coach this team and we all know he knows more than we do we just have to be confident this is a good move.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

This opening gives us an opportunity to bring in a young experienced coach. We need some excitement on offense, like Coach Hoza brings to the defense. Maybe good I-AA coach who wants to move up to DI.
Back to the top
Control functions: