Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SBC - Standings Update

Add topic

Men's Basketball - West Division

Team SBC Overall

Louisiana-Monroe 10-4 16-10
New Orleans 8-6 12-13
North Texas 7-7 16-9
Arkansas State 7-6 12-13
UALR 7-8 12-14
Louisiana-Lafayette 5-9 7-17
Denver 3-12 4-21

Men's Basketball - East Division

Team SBC Overall

South Alabama 12-2 18-7
Western Kentucky 10-5 18-9
Florida Atlantic 7-7 12-13
Middle Tennessee 7-8 12-14
Troy 6-9 11-15
Florida International 4-10 9-15

Back to the top

SBC - Standings Update

Yesterdays win was a HUGE win for the Owls, we have Four games left against some very tough opponents, in Western Kentucky, New Orleans, South Alabama & Middle Tennessee and with two away and two of them at home, we need to win at least two of those games which could prove to be a big accomplishment.

We have a hard time on the road so the game at WK, tough enough as it is and considering it's on the road - ouch. At home against New Orleans, a winnable game and a must win game for the Owls. Then come South Alabama to Boca for another home game for the Owls, very tough game that the Owls need to win at home, but could it be to much for this team? And then MTSU away, the same applies here as WK, the Owls have a hard time on the road and this is one of the two winnable game we need to be able to take.

In short we need to come out 2-2 on this four game swing which could prove to be a big challenge for this team, yet they have shown much improvement, but will it be enough to help us get a home game in the first round of the SBC Tourny?

Back to the top

SBC - Standings Update

The Top four teams are almost a lock with the top three being South Alabama, ULM & WK.

Then there is a gluttony of teams in the middle bringing confusion and chaos to the mix, making these four remaining game critical as to where we end-up as far as seeding and whether we get a home game in the first round.

Three of our remaining four games are with the top four teams in the SBC, leaving our game with MTSU which is part of the gluttony mix of chaos we also belong to, a very important road game.

Why have it any other way in our first go around in the SBC. Should make for an interesting couple of weeks, hopefully we can get nice turnouts for our two remaining home games.

I think that we do need to find a way win two of our remain games, which will prove to be very difficult considering the circumstance and we should get a good feel for what this team is made of.

Back to the top

SBC - Standings Update

Seems like our team is faring better this year in the SunBelt than what was expected....good job T-Rex. Not sure, but I think we are doing better in the SunBelt this year than we did in the A-Sun last year.
Back to the top

SBC - Standings Update

Bytor said

In short we need to come out 2-2 on this four game swing which could prove to be a big challenge for this team, yet they have shown much improvement, but will it be enough to help us get a home game in the first round of the SBC Tourny?

right now we are in a dog fight to the end…others having played one moee game than us are at 7-8…if we lose the next game, we are in a crazy tie situation, where head to head will be the breaker…i dont know if 2-2 will get it for us…we need someone else to lose if that happens…

Either way, Hope to get that first round here in the Burrow!!!
Back to the top

SBC - Standings Update

You might be right that going 2-2 may not get us a home game in the first round, but it is very unlikely for us to win more then two games in that stretch of four games. At least doing so will help put us in good position for that to happen, with the cluster of teams so close, a lot of different scenarios can happen and not even worth working thru, yet anyway.

Back to the top

SBC - Standings Update

SBC - Standings Update

Bytor said

You might be right that going 2-2 may not get us a home game in the first round, but it is very unlikely for us to win more then two games in that stretch of four games. At least doing so will help put us in good position for that to happen, with the cluster of teams so close, a lot of different scenarios can happen and not even worth working thru, yet anyway.

you're right…thats what i was thining…Hopefully someone else will belly up - MTSU, UALR, ASU (especially!) and a couple others…if we beat MTSU we take a huge step up…but then again, all games are important…
Back to the top

SBC - Standings Update

a home game is very important. Ideally I would like to beat MTSU or WKU and lose to South Alabama and then get South Alabama in the second round of the playoffs. Its very tough to beat a conference team three times in season. Will have a pretty good chance.
Back to the top

SBC - Standings Update

it would be nice to make a run in the sun belt championship but I think were just setting ourselves up for next year. Will have a deeper bench with better talent. As much as rice helps, Nwoji will be a better point guard and were going to have a solid inside presence with the bigger guys we have coming in. Plus the defense ability of Sammy should help out a lot.
I wonder if Rex is still looking to sign anyone in the later period.
Back to the top

SBC - Standings Update

Not so sure Rex doesn't think we have a shot this year to win the Sun Belt tournament. I really feel like this team is going to be a REALLY tough team to beat in the tournament. Nwoji being a better point guard than Rice is kind of a mute point. First, Brent Crews pretty much runs the point in our offense, Rice is really a 2 guard and the best 2 guard in the SBC at that. To say someone you have never seen play is going to be better than somebody shooting 50% from 3 range on the season and hitting clutch shots in big games doesn't really work for me. We have the senior leadership of Crews and Rice right now (the two best players on the team) and guys like Parmer and Monroe coming into their own. We have a better TEAM right now than I can remember ever having at FAU. Lets make a run!

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: