Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

If the season ended today.......

Add topic

2/15/07
Post-Western Kentucky win
Middle Tennessee-FIU game will have major implications on these standings, but this is current:

IF THE SEASON ENDED TODAY…

Seed Team (Record, SBC Record) First-Round
1. South Alabama (20-7, 13-2) East Division Leader First-Round Bye
2. Louisiana-Monroe (16-10, 10-4) West Division Leader First-Round Bye
3. Western Kentucky (18-10, 10-6) First-Round Bye

4. New Orleans (12-13, 8-6) Home Game vs. Denver
5. Florida Atlantic (13-13, 8-7) Home Game vs. FIU
6. North Texas (16-9, 7-7) Home Game vs. Louisiana-Lafayette
7. Arkansas State (12-14, 7-7) Home Game vs. Troy
8. Middle Tennessee (12-14, 7-8) Home Game vs. UALR
9. UALR (12-14, 7-8) at Middle Tennessee
10. Troy (11-15, 6-9) at Arkansas State
11. Louisiana-Lafayette (7-18, 5-9) at North Texas
12. FIU (9-15, 4-10) at Florida Atlantic
13. Denver (4-21, 3-12) at New Orleans

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Am I the only one who thinks it makes no sense for everyone in the conference to make the tourney? So the only reason to play the entire conference season is final seeding...??? ???

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

in actuality, all of a conference's teams making their tournament is not unheard of… the sec, big 12, acc, etc etc put all 12 teams in the tournament… the big east has like 100 teams and they allow the top 12 teams (i believe)… i think 12 is a realistic number… leave out of the 13 seed of the SBC and give the top 4 teams a bye (east 1 and 2, west 1 and 2)… i think SEC format is a good format

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

in actuality, all of a conference's teams making their tournament is not unheard of… the sec, big 12, acc, etc etc put all 12 teams in the tournament… the big east has like 100 teams and they allow the top 12 teams (i believe)… i think 12 is a realistic number… leave out of the 13 seed of the SBC and give the top 4 teams a bye (east 1 and 2, west 1 and 2)… i think SEC format is a good format

I guess that's true, it just seems kind of silly on the surface.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

i don't believe, however, denver should be rewarded for winning 4 games all season… and no, that's not out of retribution for them beating us earlier in the season… i just don't think a league of 13 teams should invite all 13 teams to their dance… there needs to be SOME reward for not finishing in the cellar

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

i don't believe, however, denver should be rewarded for winning 4 games all season… and no, that's not out of retribution for them beating us earlier in the season… i just don't think a league of 13 teams should invite all 13 teams to their dance… there needs to be SOME reward for not finishing in the cellar

AGREE!
Back to the top
Control functions: