Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

A tv show - UNF Ospreys

Add topic

So I turn on the tv this morning to get my daily dosage of sports news to turn on SUN TV and the UNF OSPREYS have they're own tv show!!!…………THE OSPREYS!!!!!!………im sorry if I think we are higher than UNF………..so where is our tv show?

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

A tv show - UNF Ospreys

Our TV show is our record and progress…the Ospreys should spend less money on TV and more on trying to win a game (recruiting, coaching, etc):

Overall 2-25, League 0-15

We will probably have one next year given our success…its a matter of a sponsor…UNF is more than likely putting up most, if not all, of t hier own money in production and co-oping with a "sponsor" for time…thats what FAU used to do…

Back to the top

A tv show - UNF Ospreys

I would think FAU would have a football show first. How can the Owls not have weekly show on SunSports and other channels? Even an all-sports show would be fine.
Back to the top

A tv show - UNF Ospreys

BMarkey said

I would think FAU would have a football show first. How can the Owls not have weekly show on SunSports and other channels? Even an all-sports show would be fine.

its for the most part a matter of ROI…they would have to foot the bill…FAU has never had a football coaches show…we had a basketball show for Billerman and that lost money…it was pretty sad to have the guy taling about losses all the time…aside the one season that is…

when we get big enough, they (sponsors) will start to come out of the woodwork to do it…thats when the department just collects a royalty and puts not one red cent out…collects goodwill, exposure, and residuals…not far away from that point i would think…
Back to the top

A tv show - UNF Ospreys

FAU is big enough right now. There just needs to be some sales and marketing done.

There are dozens of shows on local and cable TV that are pieces of garbage. Ever see that "Palm Beach Rox" show? Check out some of the smaller AM stations and their 24-hour infomercial shows. Dick Farrel's show morning on WPBR (1340 AM) is totally paid for by him (he gets the ad revenue).

Get a good sales person or two and the FAU TV and radio shows are off the ground.

Listen, if Troy can do it in a relatively small market (8,000 or fewer people on campus in a 25,000-person town), FAU (serving two major markets) should be all over it. Troy's TV show is on SunSports, Fox Sports South, CSS, Alabama on-air TV stations and others, all over the Southeast. It's great exposure. I see Clemson and a bunch other schools' shows on SunSports.

It's a matter of marketing - as are ticket sales, sports sponsorships, gear merchandising (including getting FAU stuff into the local stores) and more. I am so tired of seeing Gator, FSU, Miami and even UCF and out-of-state gear at places from B.J.'s to Wal-Mart, but no FAU items. I talked to some vendors in the Mall at Wellington Green and was told they cannot find gear to buy or th licensing fees are to high for the expected return.

FAU (and other mid-major schools in the shadows of powerhouses) need to have very low or almost non-existent licensing fees in order to build sources of gear and sales. Then, later, the fees can be gradually raised.

FAU needs to hire someone to market in all of these areas. I guarantee a good "sales" person, who cares abaut FAU, can mre than pay his/her salary with additional school renenue and licensing fees.

If FAU already has such a person, he/she should be fired. Period.
Back to the top

A tv show - UNF Ospreys

A tv show - UNF Ospreys

BMarkey said

FAU is big enough right now. There just needs to be some sales and marketing done.

There are dozens of shows on local and cable TV that are pieces of garbage. Ever see that "Palm Beach Rox" show? Check out some of the smaller AM stations and their 24-hour infomercial shows. Dick Farrel's show morning on WPBR (1340 AM) is totally paid for by him (he gets the ad revenue).

Get a good sales person or two and the FAU TV and radio shows are off the ground.

Listen, if Troy can do it in a relatively small market (8,000 or fewer people on campus in a 25,000-person town), FAU (serving two major markets) should be all over it. Troy's TV show is on SunSports, Fox Sports South, CSS, Alabama on-air TV stations and others, all over the Southeast. It's great exposure. I see Clemson and a bunch other schools' shows on SunSports.

It's a matter of marketing - as are ticket sales, sports sponsorships, gear merchandising (including getting FAU stuff into the local stores) and more. I am so tired of seeing Gator, FSU, Miami and even UCF and out-of-state gear at places from B.J.'s to Wal-Mart, but no FAU items. I talked to some vendors in the Mall at Wellington Green and was told they cannot find gear to buy or th licensing fees are to high for the expected return.

FAU (and other mid-major schools in the shadows of powerhouses) need to have very low or almost non-existent licensing fees in order to build sources of gear and sales. Then, later, the fees can be gradually raised.

FAU needs to hire someone to market in all of these areas. I guarantee a good "sales" person, who cares abaut FAU, can mre than pay his/her salary with additional school renenue and licensing fees.

If FAU already has such a person, he/she should be fired. Period.

thats why we dont have a marketing department (inefficient and couldnt get the job done)…now, Nelligan is it…and they, in my opinion, are just sucking up a fee and doing nothing to promote the program…they make sure the signage and radio spots, etc are filfilled and provide affidavites to provide proof of such…

we put on a show with FAR less than these guys have to deal with (always losing programs minus one year), and golf tournaments as well…not bragging, just saying whats the deal?!

to be honest, you have some salaries being collected with no justification…im not going into details, lets just leave it there…but its not just in marketing…

if you are in fundraising and or sales, your salary should be equated to a MINIMUM of 5 times your salary…otherwise, what are you getting paid for? we have a public relations department already…

the stark truth is that there is no ACCOUNTABILITY to produce revenue…its a tax and spend situation at its finest:

the students pay a fee for someone else to decide how to spend thier money…i know the teams generate public awareness of the university, etc, but its still not an ideal model for successful financial runnings…

…if we had to produce a dividend for shareholders, the program would be out of business…
Back to the top
Control functions: