Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SBC - Updated Standings

Add topic

Men's Basketball - West Division

Team SBC Overall
Louisiana-Monroe 10-6 16-12
North Texas 9-7 18-9
Arkansas State 9-7 14-14
New Orleans 8-8 12-15
UALR 7-9 12-15
Louisiana-Lafayette 7-9 9-18
Denver 3-14 4-23

Men's Basketball ? East Division
Team SBC Overall
South Alabama 13-2 20-7
Western Kentucky 11-6 19-10
Florida Atlantic 9-7 14-13
Middle Tennessee 7-9 12-15
Troy 6-10 11-16
Florida International 5-10 10-15

Overall SBC Standings

Team SBC Overall
South Alabama 13-2 20-7
Western Kentucky 11-6 19-10
Louisiana-Monroe 10-6 16-12
Florida Atlantic 9-7 14-13
North Texas 9-7 18-9
Arkansas State 9-7 14-14
New Orleans 8-8 12-15
UALR 7-9 12-15
Louisiana-Lafayette 7-9 9-18
Middle Tennessee 7-9 12-15
Troy 6-10 11-16
Florida International 5-10 10-15
Denver 3-14 4-23

Back to the top

SBC - Updated Standings

Games that will have an impact on how we will be seeded for the SBC Tourny:

-FAU two remaining games are So.Al. at home & MTSU away
-North Texas two remaining games are ASU at home & ULL away
-ASU two remaining games are UNT away & ALRU away

The North Texas & ASU game will be a huge game for both clubs and our game at MTSU becomes a must win.

Back to the top

SBC - Updated Standings

If we win out and WK loses their last conference game, who holds the tie-breaker for the all important 3 seed?
Back to the top

SBC - Updated Standings

goes to overall record.....

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

SBC - Updated Standings

SBC - Updated Standings

We need to win one game to secure a home court play-off...BUT if we win two, and some crazy stuff happens, we could even get a first round bye :o
Back to the top

SBC - Updated Standings

Sorry, a first round bye is not possible if the tie-breaker goes to overall record as someone else posted. The only scenario to get a bye would be to win a tie-breaker with Western Kentucky. South Alabama has clinched the East getting a top seed. Another seed goes to the top West team. Assuming the tie breaker goes to overall record, then FAU cannot beat WKU in a tie-breaker. A first round game at the Burrow would do just fine! Go Owls!!
Back to the top

SBC - Updated Standings

The earlier post by jvowl that the tie-breaker goes to overall record appears to be incorrect…SO there may be a chance to win a tie-breaker. Here is the tie-breaker formula as posted by Ted Hutton on his blog…

7.2.2 Tie-Breaking Formula. The Sun Belt Conference tie-breaking formula is as follows: (a) if one team has defeated the other team twice, that team shall be awarded the higher-seeded posi-tion; (b) if each team has won one game against the other, the higher position will be awarded to the team that has the best won-loss record against the highest-seeded team; © if each team has the same record against the highest-seeded team, then won-loss records against the next high-est-seeded team would be considered and so on down the line until the tie is broken; (d) if the re-cords of the two teams are the same against all teams, then the seeded position would be deter-mined by a toss of the coin by the Sun Belt Conference Commissioner; (e) in the event of a three-way tie, the won-loss record of the tied teams against each other is first considered; (f) If the teams are still tied, records against the next highest seeded team are considered and so forth un-til the tie is broken; (g) if there is still a tie, the seeded position of the teams will be determined by a random draw conducted by the Sun Belt Conference Commissioner; (h) for multiple ties larger than a three-way tie, the same procedure will be applied as used to break a three-way tie; (i) for all multiple ties, the tie is broken by first deciding the highest seeded team involved in the tie be-fore deciding other seeded positions.

Back to the top

SBC - Updated Standings

fauowl said

The earlier post by jvowl that the tie-breaker goes to overall record appears to be incorrect…SO there may be a chance to win a tie-breaker. Here is the tie-breaker formula as posted by Ted Hutton on his blog…

7.2.2 Tie-Breaking Formula. The Sun Belt Conference tie-breaking formula is as follows: (a) if one team has defeated the other team twice, that team shall be awarded the higher-seeded posi-tion; (b) if each team has won one game against the other, the higher position will be awarded to the team that has the best won-loss record against the highest-seeded team; © if each team has the same record against the highest-seeded team, then won-loss records against the next high-est-seeded team would be considered and so on down the line until the tie is broken; (d) if the re-cords of the two teams are the same against all teams, then the seeded position would be deter-mined by a toss of the coin by the Sun Belt Conference Commissioner; (e) in the event of a three-way tie, the won-loss record of the tied teams against each other is first considered; (f) If the teams are still tied, records against the next highest seeded team are considered and so forth un-til the tie is broken; (g) if there is still a tie, the seeded position of the teams will be determined by a random draw conducted by the Sun Belt Conference Commissioner; (h) for multiple ties larger than a three-way tie, the same procedure will be applied as used to break a three-way tie; (i) for all multiple ties, the tie is broken by first deciding the highest seeded team involved in the tie be-fore deciding other seeded positions.

yea thats correct, i read the blog by hutton too……i was told it went to overall record…….sorry…

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

SBC - Updated Standings

Monroe can lose both games and if we win the last two we would have a better record...what scenario would keep us out if that happned?? The teams with the top three records go in Conference get a first round bye...correct me if i am wrong though...
Back to the top

SBC - Updated Standings

Here is my take on this..and I do not claim for 1 minute to be the tie-breaker expert, but, whomever wins the the West gets a bye. It does not matter if we have a better record or not. The best team in the West gets one of the byes. South Alabama gets a bye as the best in the East. This is a done deal. That takes care of 2 of the 3 byes. The last bye goes to the next best team in the SBC. If FAU wins the last 2 and Western Kentucky loses their last game against FIU we have the same record. I have not run through the scenarios of all the tie-breakers and do not plan to. If we cannot win that tie-breaker, then it doesn't matter…we will not get a bye. If we happen to win that tie-breaker, we would still then need to win tie-breakers against many other teams in both divisions to get a bye. If we win on Wednesday against South Alabama then it will be worth to go through all of the scenarios. I'm thinking at this point that us getting a home game in the first round is a huge accomplishment. Let's win the last 2 games and let the cards fall where they may. Go Owls!!
Back to the top
Control functions: