Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Collegefootballnews.com Spring Preview

http://cfn.scout.com/2/620045.html

Mostly positive but this is why I hate these previews…The author has obviously have not watched the Owls play. "…the defense got run over by anyone with a pulse." Please, this guy must have stopped paying attention before the Sun Belt play began. Yes, we got destroyed in OCC games, but any team in the league would have playing the caliber of competition we did. A simple glance at the Sun Belt results and they would have seen that we only gave up just over 14 points a game on average against the Belt teams.
Back to the top

Seems to be pretty positive overall. I think the 7-5 prediction is realistic although I don't know if a bowl appreance is likely even with a 7-5 record.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Guy was positive on all teams...everyone cant win, and they need to hire a new writer...
Back to the top

That site is probably the most idiotic of any "covering" college football.

It is almost never on the mark and almost always pathetically poor in research and reporting.
Back to the top

7-5 will get us to a bowl next year. We will play 7 teams that went to a bowl game last season. If we go 7-5, it means 1) we won a lot of SBC games which will get us to the New Orleans Bowl…or 2) we didn't do well in the SBC, but still went 7-5, which would mean we have done well in our OOC schedule and beat a few bowl teams, again getting us an at-large bowl bid.
Back to the top

Just some more bowl-bid number crunching:

* Every team that finished the regular season 7-5 went to a bowl.
* 6 teams that went 6-6 went to a bowl.
* Only nine teams that finished at 6-6 did not get invited to a bowl (Washington St., Arizona, Pitt, Kansas, Wyoming, SMU, Arkansas St., Kent St., Lafayette).

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: