Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Rice Invitational tought us one thing...

Add topic

… We can hang in there with the best in the country. It took a walk-off for Rice to beat us and we lost by only 1 to Nebraska - two "BCS conference" ranked opponents. We have been doing that for years under Cooney but this is just proof once again we can hang with the big boys on the NCAA playground. So seeing that the '07 club is older and more mature than the '06 club, what is everyone's expectation this year in the Sun Belt? Outside of Troy and South Alabama the Sun Belt is not particularly got much parity in baseball - at least what I have read and seem to know about it so far. Troy and South Bama and FAU battling for the regular season championship?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Your forgetting about UL-Lafayette. They have historically been the SunBelts best team-they are the only SunBelt team ever to go to Omaha and have a great team this year. They are off to an 8-0 start this year and are probably the best team in thier state(even over a rebuilding LSU). Its a 4 team race this year in the SunBelt but anything can happen-conference games are going to be real interesting this year.
Back to the top

After three hard fought battles there is no rest for the weary with the Owls traveling to Jupiter to face the Cards. Kudos to Arata, Block, Widlansky and Martin for commendable output at the plate. With a little help from Bomback (who surprisingly went 0-11) and Stevens we may have seen different outcomes in the 2 "L's". The team BA for the series must have been somewhere around a dismal .200. But in the final analysis I would consider this tourney to have been a great character builder for the team which will pay big dividends down the road.
As far as the SunBelt is concerned, barring injuries, the Owls will be solid contenders into June.
Back to the top

i did forget lafayette, apologies to them

troy, south alabama, lafayette and us… fitting that those were the top 4 in the coaches pre-season sbc poll, lol

entering sun belt play relatively soon, i have to say out of the teams' records, our 10-2 mark has to be the most impressive, considering a sweep of 17th ranked ok state and matches with rice, nebraska and a 3-game set with cincinnati… ragincajuns.com is down for wghat seems to be the 4th straight month, so i can't see who they have beaten us thur

could four sun belt teams make regional action? let's not forget, this is college baseball, not football and basketball - where there is a bias for "powers" and "majors"… college baseball tradionally rewards "mid-majors" and "minors"

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

http://www.athleticnetwork.net/uploads/2007Schedule.pdf

Here is a link to our schedule. So far, we've played Nicholls State, Texas-San Antonio, Southeastern La., and Illinois. The schedule gets more difficult this week w/ games against La. Tech and a weekend series @ S. Miss.

The Cajuns are going to be pretty tough this year. This is the best team we've had since our 2000 CWS team. Some are saying this team is deeper than that team. Time will tell. I'd be surprised if we aren't back in the top 25 before the end of March.

I'm looking forward to playing you guys this year. With the Cajuns, Troy, you guys, and South Al. It looks like the Sun Belt should have a pretty good year.
Back to the top
Control functions: