Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OWLS WIN! OWLS WIN!

Add topic

And the fans rush the court….. this place is going crazy!!!!!

-Man Talk640.

wish I could have been there
Back to the top

OWLS WIN! OWLS WIN!

Exit39 said

And the fans rush the court….. this place is going crazy!!!!!

-Man Talk640.

wish I could have been there

It was the most insane game I have ever been too. F'n awesome win. The atmosphere was just crazy with the record setting attendence. ;D
Back to the top

OWLS WIN! OWLS WIN!

That was one of, if not the most exciting game I've watched. Rice is one cool character.

Everyone played incredible, someone who doesn't get mentioned often-Sean Alcorn (sp) what an incredible effort at the end of the game - great job !!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

OWLS WIN! OWLS WIN!

That was the best atmosphere of any FAU sporting event I've ever attended. The crowd was awesome, even when the Owls were down 9 in the second half, the place was still loud and into the game. I just wish there were more FIU fans at the game, it would have been awesome back and forth between the two schools. As it was, there was only a handful of G'Panther fans…hopefully that'll change next year. Now on to WKU….
Back to the top

OWLS WIN! OWLS WIN!

The Owls won a few more student fans tonite -
Great win !!!!!
Back to the top

OWLS WIN! OWLS WIN!

I hope we can get that kind of crowd every home game and hopefully it carries over to football season too! A big shout out to the Rowdy Rex's. You guys did a great job creating a real student section! Keep it up and bring more friends along!
Back to the top

OWLS WIN! OWLS WIN!

OWLS WIN! OWLS WIN!

A friend of mine that was there said it was crazy. He said he bunch of football players at the game again. I listened to it on the radio and had no trouble hearing the crowd in the background even when they were down.
Back to the top

OWLS WIN! OWLS WIN!

The craziest I have ever, EVER seen the Burrow, if this game was played on the road I don't think we walk away with a victory tonight - the guys showed guts & heart and made the plays when they had to, great finish - UNBELIEVABLE.

Awesome game, Good Luck at the CanjunDome.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

OWLS WIN! OWLS WIN!

I listened to the game up until regulation time ended. I had to be somewhere at 8:00 (central time). Regulation ended at about 8:10. I had to leave and got where I had to be late and missed all the overtime and craziness and celebration and post game interviews. Man was I relieved when I came back and saw the results. This game was exciting to listen to I can only imagine what it was like to watch.

Go Owls!

Defense!!!!!!!

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

OWLS WIN! OWLS WIN!

Tonight was probably the best game I've ever seen at the Burrow (and I've seen quite a few).

It reminded me of another game vs. FIU a few years back. I think that one went to OT too.

Here are my random thoughts on the game:

- What an ugly first 10 mins
- Both teams played their hearts out
- Carlos Monroe is one of the best players in this league. He makes everything look easy. 26 and 15 and he was doubleteamed most of the evening.
- We really missed Brent Crews' defense down the stretch.
- The Sean Alarcon series was amazing. He failed to box out or grab a rebound, but he didn't give up, chased the guy down, stole the ball and made a lay-up.
- Galindo is good, but wasn't fully into the game tonight. The play with less than a minute left in regulation where he inexplicably lost the ball off his leg under our basket was a stunner.
- Simmons is one of those guys who makes sure his presence his felt off the bench. Usually it's with fouls though! 11 minutes, 5 fouls.
- What the hell was up with the court? Everyone kept slipping and no one was wiping it dry.
- The hard foul by Monroe on Galindo was a game-changer. After a non-call on the other end, it was just something that had to be done. It fired up the crowd and gave us just that little bit of momentum we needed.
- Rice looked out of sorts all night but made the big plays when it counted.
- They had way too many open looks tonight., while it seemed almost every one of our shots were contested.
- The Rowdy Rexs were in great form. Fine job ladies and gentlemen. Hopefully some of you can make it to Cajun country later this week.
Back to the top
Control functions: