Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU should be embarrassed

Add topic

I know we've been over this before, but where the hell were the FIU fans last night?

I was sitting on the student section side, and all I could see were about 10 folks (mostly adults, not students) sitting behind their bench. Galindo's family maybe?

I presume there weren't any sitting on the student side below me, as I couldn't hear them if there were.

Their fan base is a joke.
Back to the top

why did Galindo go to FIU over FAU? That would've been a nice addition.
Back to the top

Galindo went to FIU because their coach Sergio Rouco was an assistant at UTEP and heavily recruited the Puerto Rican to play there. I guess he left a good impression on Galindo, so he went to FIU.

If FIU had a true center, Galindo would be very dangerous.
Back to the top

Rumor has it that FIU has a 7 footer showing up next year.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Not to beat a dead horse about FIU attendance(and admittedly ours has not been much better through the years), but I agree. The atmosphere was great last night and it would have been even better if FIU students and fans had made the trip.
Back to the top

Congrats on your win. Some history on Galindo. Actually, he had committed early to FIU when Rouco was an assistant and placed him in a New Jersey high school (St. Benedict's)…Then, Rouco went to UTEP, and Galindo "signed" with UTEP. However, both, the head coach left (Gillispie to Texas A& M), and Rouco to FIU, and UTEP granted a release to Galindo, who went on to sign and play with Kansas. After a year there, he wanted a change, and found his way back with Rouco and FIU.

FIU has a 7 foot transfer from Pepperdine sitting out, plus we signed a 6-11 JC Center from an Iowa CC.
Back to the top

I don't give a crap about regular season attendance for schools like ours that don't have a tradition yet.

I'm talking about games like last night.

A conference tournament game about 45 mins from the other team's campus and they had 10 people there grouped together. I guarantee we'd have had at least 100 people there if the game was at FIU.
Back to the top

that kid is 6-11. On rivals hes not even 1 star, lol…heres the link, http://fiu.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=57259
Back to the top

canes5 said

that kid is 6-11. On rivals hes not even 1 star, lol…heres the link, http://fiu.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=57259

Could be another Kone.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

faualum said

Rumor has it that FIU has a 7 footer showing up next year.

not to worry…we'll have to see if he can play…Nick Neumann (who played for FAU) was 7-0, and we all know how that went…
Back to the top
Control functions: