Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Memphis vs SMU

Add topic

Memphis vs SMU

SMU is threatening to shock Memphis in the CUSA tourney right now. What do you all think about this? Are we happy for Matt Doherty or are we hoping his team doesnt pull it off. Personally Im hoping Memphis pulls through and ends his season tonight-Id like the fact his season was ending before FAU's
Back to the top

Memphis vs SMU

Looks like SMU tried to make a game out of it. 64-61 Memphis.

SMU finishes the regular season 14-16 3-13. They finish 11th out of 12 teams ahead of East Carolina.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Memphis vs SMU

What a shame! You think SMU and FAU would ever play against each other in BBall? If SMU came to FAU I bet the gym would be pretty crowded for that one

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Memphis vs SMU

Jab979 said

What a shame! You think SMU and FAU would ever play against each other in BBall? If SMU came to FAU I bet the gym would be pretty crowded for that one

i sure Hope so…doubt doherty would do it though…he would have EVERYTHING TO LOSE…and pretty much nothing to gain…i hear we are trying to schedule some pretty good OOC games at home though…
Back to the top

Memphis vs SMU

If we are going to continue to build some excitement for the BBall program we need to stop scheduling the North Florida's & Florida Memorial's - nothing against them, but casual fans have never heard of these schools, including the students we keep talking that need to show up and support the school. We need to schedule better teams at home with some name recognition to help boost interest in the program.
Back to the top

Memphis vs SMU

SMU would not come to boca… i would love to see some of C-USA teams here though (UCF, UAB, etc)

that's the conference i wanna move to… the big east is in shambles… 16 teams, 8 of them football… yada dada… anyways, just threw that out there

anyways, C-USA games in boca would be great games…. USF down here would be great… any of the big 3 in florida.a

Back to the top

Memphis vs SMU

i think conference USA is a more logical, better approach as well…they already have UCF here, and that would make scheduling better…not to mention the attendance issue we would face with the BIG East…just look at espn in madison sqaure garden..FAU would have a tough time drawing on that level…

Conerence USA however is a different ballgame all around…especially in football…i like the idea…for the next 6 years at least…after that let's re-evaluate…

hey, we could kick doherty's behind as well! :-*
Back to the top

Memphis vs SMU

I didn't want to start a new thread for this.

SMU lost in the first round of the CUSA conference playoffs to Southern Miss. 59-52.

thats makes their record for the year: 14-17 3-14

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Memphis vs SMU

Illinois owl - and with that season recap, hopefully that will be last we hear of sell out-oherty. I'm so sick of hearing about that dude. I am happier with Rex and that's that. I know schools talk about their legends that leave them (for no reason) for years and years (Williams at Kansas, Spurrier at Florida, even Schnellenberger at Miami)but gee whizz, Doherty didn't even do anything for FAU. He is a selfish, self-centered, egotist. Let him fail at SMU peacefully. I am so sick of seeing his name and SMU's season stats on this board. Lol.

Back to the top

Memphis vs SMU

fauowl09 said

He is a selfish, self-centered, egotist. Let him fail at SMU peacefully. I am so sick of seeing his name and SMU's season stats on this board. Lol.

true that!

but it is nice to "reflect" on his season given the numbers…

although next year things wil change for them…he has some very good players coming in…he had pretty bad ones to work with this year - except two…one of which got booted off the team…ok, im done! :)
Back to the top
Control functions: