Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lafayette or bust!

Add topic

Who else is going? I heard some of the Rowdy Rex's picked up tickets. Athletics made the tickets free to students.

Spring Break + Basketball = ROAD TRIP!!

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Lafayette or bust!

I just heard that neither the cheerleaders nor the mascot is going to Lafayette. Come on FAU, pony up and get fully into D-I!

Spend a small amount of money to support the program. The school has already purchased 200 tourney tickets. Use them! Send the cheerleaders, mascot and even the Rowdies.

For goodness sake, send the band, which has been rock solid in support for two years! When no one else was cheering, the band was there screaming anfd playing its heart out.

The band would love to go, but was told there isn't money to send it to La.

I wonder whether the team is flying there commercial or on a charter. If it's a charter, there has to be lots of seats available for the small pep band and cheerleaders. I hope those seats are not going to be used by booster types and political folks when the real force behind the Owls stays home.

I do know a small group of band members is going, but not as the band, unfortunately.

FAU leaders need to show the SunBelt and nation it must be taken seriously. Send the troops!
Back to the top

Lafayette or bust!

That's weak on FAU's part! When Sidney Green was here we took a coach bus along with the band which I think at that time had no more then 10 people in it and the mascot up to UCF to watch the tournament. It didn't cost us a thing. We stayed at a hotel right near UCF's campus and we were bussed over to watch them play I think it was J'Ville first and then Georgia State in the finals.

That was probably 7 years ago, if they were able to do it then I see no reason why they can't do the same thing for the band, the mascot and at least the Rowdy Rex's

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Lafayette or bust!

thats completely inexcusable...blame the administration...we bussed kids to EVERY single important game...and away games at UCF and Stetson...45 minimum...cant send the cheer team and mascot - rediculous...
Back to the top

Lafayette or bust!

Not sending at least the cheer team, mascot and band is pretty pathetic - they could have taken it out of the school marketing budget !!

It will appear to other schools and television land that FAU is apethic towards athletics. The team and T-Rex do not deserve that snub ! It was nice however that they did get some free tickets - I hope we have at least 200 screaming Rowdy Rex's at the game.

Back to the top

Lafayette or bust!

please.. you guys make it sound like it's the end of the world… it's not a big deal that we don't have cheerleaders and band and dance there… last time i checked, the team is one who matters, who our spirit group

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Lafayette or bust!

Lafayette or bust!

It's about acting like you belong. Cheapness like this is penny wise and pound foolish. It doesn't help FAU or the conference, whose other teams will have their fans and bands on hand. The new guy needs to make a statement. Hopefully, the team will do that on the court, but we all know how it responds to vocal support.

That said, the small band group is in Lafayette after driving all night into temperatures in the 30s. They have already met up with some Rowdies. I'll post pics with "D" gets them to me.
Back to the top

Lafayette or bust!

I watched the streaming video of the MTSU vs South Alabama game. It didn't look like there were too many people in the stands for them either.
Back to the top

Lafayette or bust!

fauowl09 said

please.. you guys make it sound like it's the end of the world… it's not a big deal that we don't have cheerleaders and band and dance there… last time i checked, the team is one who matters, who our spirit group

no, actually we're making it sound Division III…..because a division one basketball program would have "support" in place that is considered mainstay for any team on the DI level…

bro we sent over 50 people to Georgetown years ago…and the owl…and the cheer team…and alumni…need i say more??
Back to the top

Lafayette or bust!

Look guys, yes it would be nice to have a bigger presence at away games but it all comes down to cost. Sending a couple of buses up to Orlando or DeLand - both only a couple hours away - is way cheaper than organizing field trips out of state.

If we're really concerned about looking like a Division III school, then then I say pony up, open your own wallets and give till it hurts. Think of it as sort of a "Send a kid to camp" program. In my opinion, alums with deep pockets should be helping out with the cost for things like this, it shouldn't fall solely on the university - that's how other big-time programs work.

Athletics did their part and provided tickets FREE to students. I think our student organizations need to take a bigger role in mobilizing themselves.

And while I agree it would be nice to have more fan support at road games, I would rather the money I donate each year goes toward scholarship funds and improvements to on-campus facilities.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: