Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Whatever happened to Jimmie Sutton?

Add topic

What was his story? Wasn't he supposed to transfer to FAU from Florida?
Back to the top

Jimmie Sutton never enrolled at FAU. No reason was given. But he played for Central Florida CC this season.

http://www.cf.edu/depa…hletics/0607mbbroster.htm

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Rex parted ways with Sutton for his lack of commitment to the program. While Sutton was saying he was coming to FAU, it looked like he was looking for better offers to come in. After Sutton and Walters met for the third time, Rex told him he should look elsewhere because FAU was interested in people that were commited to his program. By Sutton playing at a CC, he can transfer to a Div 1 team without having to sit out a year. I guess he is still waiting for the "better" offer.
Back to the top

Looks like he only averaged eight points and six rebounds in 25 mins a game at a community college…..doesn't sound like we missed out on much there.
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

Looks like he only averaged eight points and six rebounds in 25 mins a game at a community college…..doesn't sound like we missed out on much there.

Keep in m ind that community colleges do not have the coaching skill level nor the support in the weight room to mature players quickly…he would have developed under Walters…

i think he made a huge mistake going there, and should have come here…if we would have had him (he's a defensive minded player) we should have won the Belt easily…thats all we lacked was defensive pressure in the post…
Back to the top

I totally agree, I think Sutton may be wishing he came here. Time will tell. But I really admire Rex for sticking to his values for commitment and not falling into a first-year coach trap and bending his goals and ideals. The same can be said for suspending Rice and Crews for the final regular season game when he knew how much we needed them. Rex possesses a great quality that will build character and a great team. Go Owls!!
Back to the top

fauowl said

I totally agree, I think Sutton may be wishing he came here. Time will tell. But I really admire Rex for sticking to his values for commitment and not falling into a first-year coach trap and bending his goals and ideals. The same can be said for suspending Rice and Crews for the final regular season game when he knew how much we needed them. Rex possesses a great quality that will build character and a great team. Go Owls!!

T-Rex is on record stating "Jimmy has a fan in me" after the fall-out…who knows…after this year, and sutton wises up, maybe he will come around, apologize for his character, and plead to be reconsidered…he is all we are missing to be a ligitmate mid major competitor…C-Los can score, and he can block shots, rebound, and bang the other teams best post player…Royster would make a fine back up!

but i dont know if we have ANY scholarship room…thats the only delimna should that happen…
Back to the top
Control functions: