Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New receivers coach

Just in on Ted Hutton's blogg

BOCA RATON, FL (March 14, 2007)—Florida Atlantic University?s football program has completed its coaching staff by naming Darryl Jackson as an assistant coach, announced FAU head coach Howard Schnellenberger.
?We are very happy to bring Darryl on board to coach our receivers,? said Schnellenberger. ?Darryl has a great deal of experience both with the Arizona State Wildcats and the Boise State Broncos. His coaching experience, along with his record as a recruiter, makes him a special addition to our staff.?
Jackson joined the staff Monday, March 12 and will quickly prepare for ?Spring Drills? which begin Wednesday, March 28. The California native will focus his attention on the receivers, a position he has worked with since joining the collegiate coaching ranks more than 15 years ago.
Jackson will be afforded the opportunity to work with a core of receivers, many of whom have been with the program for three years. The returning seven receivers are expected to be led by junior Frantz Simeon. The Lake Park, FL native led the team a year ago with 35 receptions for 590 yards and a touchdown. Simeon was one of 19 players credited with a reception in 2006.
Jackson served as ASU?s wide receiver coach from 2000-2006 and was part of head coach Dirk Koetter?s original ASU staff. Jackson accompanied Koetter from Boise State where he also tutored the receivers from 1997-2000. From 1995-97 he was at Indiana State. Prior to Indiana State he was at the University of the Redlands, 1994-95 and began his career at his alma mater San Diego in 1991, a position he held until 1994.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

New receivers coach

why did he leave ASU for FAU?
Back to the top

New receivers coach

Good question. He was definitely getting paid more at ASU and ASU is a far more attractive job.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

New receivers coach

New receivers coach

Perhaps an promotion in the near future ?
Back to the top

New receivers coach

This was in an Arizona paper March 2:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/0302asuspringgame.html

Here's some more details:
http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jackson_darryl00.html

Koetter and his coaching staff (including Jackson) were let go from ASU.
Back to the top

New receivers coach

I hope he likes it here and stays for more than a couple of years. He has experience with major college football. This should help our young receivers. He also has experience with helping kids get to the pro level. This will give him creditably with our young team. Great Job, Coach S.
Back to the top

New receivers coach

Great addition and it is good to see this kind of experience coming to FAU. I agree footballfan47 I hope he has a long tenure with the Owls. ;). With so much on the horizon this could have played a part in his coming here.
Back to the top

New receivers coach

Looks like the coaching shake-up at ASU worked in our favor. He is a great addition to the staff.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

New receivers coach

I didn't know he was coaching as well as playing for the Seahawks ;)

Man must know his women though…..ASU and FAU must be in the top 20 in the country in regards to attractive women.

Smart guy…I like him already.
Back to the top

New receivers coach

WOW! That is a great addition...This will now open up a lot of doors for out of state recruiting. Coach S. is the man.
Back to the top
Control functions: