Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs. Troy - SBC #1 vs. #2

Add topic

The season is still VERY young - so do NOT be fooled by Troy's 1-2 conference record. These two teams are the two best in the conference bar NONE. Here's how we stack up:

FAU 17-4 (2-1)
Troy 10-8 (1-2)

Offense Stats:

Avg.:
FAU .369 (1st SBC)
Troy .303 (6th SBC)

HR:
FAU 42 (1st SBC)
Troy 17 (6th SBC)

Pitching Stats:

ERA:
FAU 4.54 (3rd SBC)
Troy 5.96 (10th SBC)

Strikeouts:
FAU 205 (1st SBC)
Troy 142 (3rd SBC)

Good series coming up… preview of the SBC tournament finals?

According to the Sun-Sentinel, this weekened's rotation:
Friday: O-B
Saturday: Philabaum
Sunday: Big Brandon Cooney

Sunday, my Sox are in town against the Orioles, so I can't make it to Sunday's game… anyone wanna text me updates while I watch Triple-A players attempt to make my Boston squad?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Troy the best bar none?!! Wow maybe you missed the fact that UL-Lafayette has been the dominant team of the SunBelt. They just swept a very good South Alabama team and are 14-3,3-0 so far this year. Their fans believe they are as good or better than their College World Series team of a few years ago. They are VERY good-soon you will see this as we play them March 23-25. I understand people are more familiar with Troy because they were in the ASUn and they were the surprise SunBelt champs last year, but they arent better than Lafayette this year. You'll see what I mean in the next two weeks.
That aside your right it is a huge series for FAU-with the all the pitching injuries its really unfortunate to have to play these next two conference series now. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that the offense stays very hot!
Back to the top

The Cajuns are the only team that is in the top three in team avg., era (which we lead the second team by more than 1 run) and fielding (which, I'm sure you'll agree is very important). I think we deserve to be considered as one of the top two teams in the conference. Troy did have a good season last year, and beat us out for the conference title by a single game. This conference has belonged to the Cajuns and South Alabama for some time now. I don't think we're going to give it up very easily. That being said, I think your series next weekend will be the battle of the two best teams in the conference. I'm looking forward to it. Good luck this weekend.

Geaux Cajuns
Back to the top

lafayette and south bama are great teams… and collectively, with troy and fau, make the top 4 teams in the conference… but if you simply look at the stats i just listed, FAU is virtually #1 in offense in NEARLY EVERY SINGLE TEAM CATEGORY… troy won the regular season AND tournament championship last season… and with troy and fau both in the SBC now, south bama and lafayette will NOT dominate anymore… it's gonna be a great season… all four teams will undoubtedly battle for the title AND i know all four teams will be in regional action

GO OWLS

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Im excited for this wekends games........but that maybe be for personal reasons ;)!!! GO OWLS!

AEA
Back to the top

fauowl9 the one stat that shows you why UL-Lafayette is predicted to win the SunBelt is team era. They have MUCH better pitching than anyone else in the conference and its relected by how far they are ahead of the second place team in ERA.

1)UL-Lafayette 2.93
2)UL-Monroe 4.44
3)FAU 4.54
10)Troy 5.96

UL-Lafayette pitchers have only walked 24 batters this ENTIRE season-thats just a little over one a game-an incredible stat. By comparison our pitchers have walked 83. While Troy may have the stud offensive players they lost too much pitching from last year as is reflected by the team era of 5.96. I dont care how good your hitting is they wont win the SunBelt with pitching like that.
UL-Lafayette is also an exceedingly good defensive team and when you have great pitching and defense you'll always be very dangerous. Fortunately we have great offense with our 42 homers so well have to see who can get the better of each other.
At any rate its at least debatable which team is better, one of them is clearly not much better than the other.
Back to the top

i treat FAU baseball like chicago fans treat their bears……..is storey pitching? Da Owls!……since he is injured right now, we'll go……is Cooney coaching? Da OWLS!!!…….bring on any team……..

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

I think Burrowingowl understands the point I was trying to make. I think, from our pitching alone, we should be considered one of the top two teams in the conference. As good as Troy was last year, they did not win the series against us because our good pitching beat their good hitting. I'm looking forward to seeing your team next weekend at the Tigue. Here's a little info about the Cajuns ballpark, M.L. Tigue Moore Field.

http://www.modernerabaseball.com/id13.html

Back to the top

Burrowingowl said

fauowl9 the one stat that shows you why UL-Lafayette is predicted to win the SunBelt is team era. They have MUCH better pitching than anyone else in the conference and its relected by how far they are ahead of the second place team in ERA.

1)UL-Lafayette 2.93
2)UL-Monroe 4.44
3)FAU 4.54
10)Troy 5.96

UL-Lafayette pitchers have only walked 24 batters this ENTIRE season-thats just a little over one a game-an incredible stat. By comparison our pitchers have walked 83. While Troy may have the stud offensive players they lost too much pitching from last year as is reflected by the team era of 5.96. I dont care how good your hitting is they wont win the SunBelt with pitching like that.
UL-Lafayette is also an exceedingly good defensive team and when you have great pitching and defense you'll always be very dangerous. Fortunately we have great offense with our 42 homers so well have to see who can get the better of each other.
At any rate its at least debatable which team is better, one of them is clearly not much better than the other.

good analysis…i think in the end, when its all said and done, we will have progressed on the mound, and thier bats will not be able to keep up with the high octane offense we have…thsi could be one of the best offensive teams ever if things continue as they are…
Back to the top
Control functions: