Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Listen to FAU - Troy Series Live

Add topic

Listen to the entire FAU-Troy series on the Troy network flagship station:

http://www.wtbf.com/fm.htm

Troy is winning 4-0 in the fourth, a surprise to me the way the Trojans have been giving up runs.

I didn't go because of the horrendous weather at my home in RPB (mini-hurricane this afternoon and nasty lightning now), but I guess the weather's O.K. in Boca.

Back to the top

We're on our way back……Stevens 2-out, 2-run single.

Bomback's already got one error….what a defensive liability he is. Good thing he can hit the living crap out of the ball.
Back to the top

unbelievable that WKU and Troy both have live feed of baseball games and we don't do anything ont he radio for baseball… that twirks me…

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Troy has a great quality Internet feed when it doesn't use Yahoo (must pay for basketball and football). Fans can e-mail the announcers and they give shout-outs on the air. Kind of old Atlanta Braves-like.

Troy has blasted ahead again with a 3-run homer.

My daughter is not going to speak to me later.
Back to the top

bmarkey - fau's offense is plenty capable of coming back from any deficit - we've done it virtually all season

Back to the top

FAU has come back with three more runs.

Troy has bats, too, but its pitching is collapsing again.

7-6 Troy in the fifth.
Back to the top

I was just thinking about FAU sports and radio South Florida. FAU ought to investigate the use of one of the FM (or even AM) stations' digital channels. Many stations are just using the extra "HD" frequencies for garbage now. Fans could buy a digital tuner (soon to be common) and listen away.
Back to the top

bmarkey... could you explain that to me in more detail in a private message or even right here on the board? i am interested in how that would work or what you are saying?

Back to the top

Almost every AM and FM station now has the use of sub-channels of their frequencies, in digital versus analog format. It think the extra channels used to be part of the cell phone networks and were made available by the FCC.

It's commercially called "HD Radio." One local R&B station is broadcasting gospel on one sub-channel. WZZR-FM (FM talk) broadcasts comedy on its sub-channel.

There aren't enough listeners now to make commercial use of these extra channels. FAU could get the use of one and encourage fans to buy the new HD radios - which offer CD-like fidelity. Soon, new cars and most radios will offer access to the new channels.

Thi explains it better than I can:
http://www.hdradio.com/

Troy now leads 10-6 (top of eighth) after another two-run line drive homer.

Back to the top

is this what troy uses to broadcast their baseball games?

Back to the top
Control functions: