Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Athletics Budget

Add topic

Here is an overview of the 2007 / 2008 Athletics Budget if anyone is interested…

http://www.fau.edu/bot/files/FAU_Athletic_Workshop_3-20-07.pdf
Back to the top

FAU Athletics Budget

Thats cutting things pretty close. I know there is only so much the members of this board can do to help. I plan on buying season tickets and some tickets for "send a kid to the game". I'm over a 1000 miles away so the university can donate the seasons tickets. I could probably just donate money but this will get people to the games. Its small but its something.

Maybe others should consider buying tickets instead of just donating especially if ticket sales can be used with attendance figures.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FAU Athletics Budget

its the Heart and though that counts…and i for one think that's awesome ;)
Back to the top

FAU Athletics Budget

FAU Athletics Budget

illinoisowl said

Thats cutting things pretty close. I know there is only so much the members of this board can do to help. I plan on buying season tickets and some tickets for "send a kid to the game". I'm over a 1000 miles away so the university can donate the seasons tickets. I could probably just donate money but this will get people to the games. Its small but its something.

Maybe others should consider buying tickets instead of just donating especially if ticket sales can be used with attendance figures.

That is a very good idea. I might have to do the same.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU Athletics Budget

i'm proud to be a season ticket holder, even though i am an active student… screw the free tickets, i buy my tickets!

:-D

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

FAU Athletics Budget

That seems like a good idea. Instead of just donating money, use the money to buy tickets.

The only draw back is, it is not deductable as a contribution. BUT, "Send a kid" program, is that a charitible donation? It seems like it would be. I'll have to check into that and make a phone call.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

FAU Athletics Budget

I find it interesting that given the budget and all of the talk of a tight budget, we see the baseball team wearing special green uniforms for their game on St. Patrick's Day vs. Troy. Did anyone else see this?? I don't think it is a big deal, I am just a little surprised by it since those uniforms presumably will not be worn again for another year.

GO OWLS!!!!

Back to the top

FAU Athletics Budget

owlfan1 said

I find it interesting that given the budget and all of the talk of a tight budget, we see the baseball team wearing special green uniforms for their game on St. Patrick's Day vs. Troy. Did anyone else see this?? I don't think it is a big deal, I am just a little surprised by it since those uniforms presumably will not be worn again for another year.

GO OWLS!!!!

if its the ones i am thinking of, they have worn them for a long time now…they dont buy new ones all the time…
Back to the top

FAU Athletics Budget

Florida_Owl said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!!

if its the ones i am thinking of, they have worn them for a long time now…they dont buy new ones all the time…

You are probably right, I just found it kind of interesting that the baseball team has festive gear for St. Patrick's Day.

I guess if they only wear them once a year they will last for some time. A financially sound decision after all… ;)

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

FAU Athletics Budget

I don't think they are new or different uniforms. I think they are wearing T-shirts with long green sleeves and green socks so it's not so expensive.
Back to the top
Control functions: