Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jamal Owens "Star of the Show"

Add topic

One of our prized recruits for next season…Ladies and Gentleman, Mr. Jamal Owens:

http://www.miamiherald.com/620/story/39736.html
Back to the top

Fantastic, what else can you say. FAU Sports are begining to roll ;D
Back to the top

i spoke to Rex and he was really high on this guy…and everyone knows Rex is a "prove me the glass isnt half full guy"…said he is a player that is fun to watch…Jamal's a SUPER high flyer who can drive to the hole and finish, or slam it home…creates his own shot, etc…and he can play DEFENSE….YES!!!

The Belt is in for another wake up call/surprise - just like they were for C-Los…but this time we add a small forward who is 6-6.5…who is going to guard this guy?? there wasnt one worthy small forward in our league at that size/skill level…

Back to the top

Interesting.
Los center
Sammie power forward
Owens sf
Nwoji PG
Graham SG

this team is going to be legit next year. I'm wondering if Royster will be competeing with Hernadez for a starting spot.

Parmer is going to have toughen up if he wants to get a starting spot next year.

The perkins/ hugley situation is interesting if these guys are going to be competeing for playing time.

If we only had a seven footer……
Back to the top

problem…….

everyone is forgetting sammie is not elligible until JANUARY 2008… ncaa rule - transfers sit out for an academic year, not a season's year worth of time…. sammie will elligible when eni became elligible for us this past year, january

until then, maybe even after then, it will be

C Monroe
PF Parmer
SF Simmons
SG Graham
PG Nwoji

owens won't start over those guys, but it will be special seeing him off the bench, with perkins, hughley and royster

The Fablous Freshmen Four

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

fauowl09 said

problem…….

everyone is forgetting sammie is not elligible until JANUARY 2008… ncaa rule - transfers sit out for an academic year, not a season's year worth of time…. sammie will elligible when eni became elligible for us this past year, january

until then, maybe even after then, it will be

C Monroe
PF Parmer
SF Simmons
SG Graham
PG Nwoji

The Fablous Freshmen Four

Rex said he wants Simmons to beef up 15 pounds and he will play him/compete for time at the four…he doesnt have the shot to play the three which is a mid-range jumper/driving position in his system…but he can take it to the hole and finish with his reverse lay-up game that really blossomed this season…consistency will be the thing needed of him next year…Parmer as well for that matter…i could see them being the four men Perkins, Hernandez, and Owens being the three men…Los and Royster the five men…tight squad - period…two guard will be Graham and Hughley…BU defensive sub - Alarcon…Point Nwoji, (the rest TBD) after some seasoning and a steep learning curve…

Royster is a shot blocking center…that is where is is going to play…he will grow another inch at minimum and probably put on 15-20 pounds in due time…he will be a good fit for the Belt…we dont need him to score, we need him to take away the other teams post player(s) game(s)…but in due time, i would say he will add a few weapons…Cedric Peoples (Tim Loomis, and Billerman eras) started out in a similiar role (shot blocker, defender), and then begin to emerge as an offensive weapon late in his junior and then into his senior year…i believe Royster is much better as a freshman, so he should prove to be quite a player by late in his sophomore season and very good into his junior and senior seasons…

I love the Fab Four analogy…hey, maybe on a smaller level, but its is VERY probable given where we are, etc! :)
Back to the top

the best part of about this team is there going only to get better for the next two years.
With Monroe/Graham/Nwoji being juniors and the development of the younger players over the next two years this team could be potentially legit in the 08-09 season. Especially with a two more recruiting classes.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

the best part of about this team is there going only to get better for the next two years.
With Monroe/Graham/Nwoji being juniors and the development of the younger players over the next two years this team could be potentially legit in the 08-09 season. Especially with a two more recruiting classes.

Agree, and will only help our push to a higher conference as well…

you have to bring something to the table to get in…
Back to the top
Control functions: