Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Brett Royster update

Add topic

Back to the top

Brett Royster update

any subscribers want to post the full article on here?
Back to the top

Brett Royster update

Article by Mark Stampini, FightingOwls.com Staff

During the early signing period Rex Walters' FAU Owl basketball team garnered the signature of 6 foot 8 power forward Brett Royster from Arlington, TX. Royster gave us a run down of what he is doing to prepare for his freshman season and what he thinks of the program.

What does Royster think of Rex Walters?

"Coach Walters is a great guy and I am really looking forward to playing for him. He knows what he is talking about," Royster said.

What did Royster think of FAU's season?

"It was a good season; I followed the games on the internet. When they played at North Texas I went to the game. I could really see myself bringing something that could help them with my offensive rebounding and athleticism."

Royster is continuing to work on his game after his high school season.

"I am going to work hard as there is a chance to play right away. I just have to keep improving my game," said Royster. "My assistant coach and I work on shooting drills and do post work before lifting weights."

Royster is known for his rebounding and defense, but how is his offensive game coming along?

"I worked a lot on my offense, last summer and this season and I have improved a lot. As a junior I averaged about 10 points a game this year it went up to 15 points and 12 rebounds a game."

How often does Royster talk to the FAU coaching staff and what do they say?

"I usually talk to them or text message them every week," he said. "They are telling me to come in and be aggressive and don't accept being a freshman. They want me to be ready to contribute right away so keep lifting weights."

Royster is hoping to arrive on campus in July and maybe enroll in some summer school classes.

Back to the top

Brett Royster update

gracias
Back to the top

Brett Royster update

The guy who posted this wrote me to ask me to ask you not to post "premium" information on our site…

At first i didnt see this post, so i refered him to Bytor and told him i didnt know what he was talking about…

After i saw the post, and him peddling his article, i told him i thought it was ironic he would come on a FREE site and "sell" answers that our recruit gave him in good faith during an "interview" - yeah right…i also said i didnt think that Brett, or Rex would be hapy to know that he is "selling" Brett's answers to some of FAU's most faithful and hardcore fans…

Unbelievable…

Sorry fightingowls, that is just rediculous…i keep nothing hid, and want my friends on this board to know what you are up to…go peddle your ethically questionable "info" somewhere else…

Peace Out…
Back to the top

Brett Royster update

Brett Royster update

I wrote fightingowls and apologized. I understand and respect where he is coming from. It's good that there are people out there writing articles about FAU athletics like this. This kind of stuff happens on message boards all the time, not saying that it is right, but people do and will continue to post articles from other sites all the time. In the future anyone with an issue should just post in the thread that they wish us to stop and they'd find us a pretty reasonable group of people.

Anyway, thanks for the article and I will not post the "premium" info again.
Back to the top

Brett Royster update

Is this guy on here to participate on this board or is he on here to promote Rivals and solicite subscribers? If he is just spaming, he can go somewhere else.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Brett Royster update

Brett & Rex or anybody else knows the rivals is a subscription site.
Back to the top

Brett Royster update

I'm sure they do, and once you become a regular poster you won't be looked at as someone whose on here trying to get people to sign up at Rivals.com.

I sure hope you don't have any illegally downloaded music on your computer! :D
Back to the top

Brett Royster update

"I sure hope you don't have any illegally downloaded music on your computer!"

I don't thanks for asking.
Back to the top
Control functions: