Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UF tickets for ST holders/Owl Club only

Don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but this blows!

How are students supposed to go? Shell out $100 for Owl Club membership? Somehow I don't see too many of them doing that.

*Only FAU season ticket holders and Owl Club members are eligible to purchase tickets to the FAU at Florida football game. Season ticket holders may purchase as many Florida tickets as they have FAU season tickets (ex. If you have 4 FAU season tickets you can purchase up to 4 Florida tickets). For more information, please contact the Athletics Ticket Office.
Back to the top

Students can go by simply going to Gainesville and purchasing tickets. I am sure that it won't be a sell-out since it isn't a big game for UF.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

So they can sit in the Gator sections and get abused for three hours by drunk co-eds?

Why the hell would anyone want to do that?
Back to the top

I'm sure the university will be getting charter buses for students and have a deal for us. I can wait to stand on the field and look up at the sea of blue….and red.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

They better.....I want as many Owl fans up there as possible.
Back to the top

Students at UF will not look at FAU as a big ticket draw, so the tickets from the students will be on sale cheaply...they will make their money from selling the Tennessee and FSU tickets. Check to see if the Independent Florida Alligator (the local G-ville paper) has their ads on-line. It really should not be hard or expensive to get tickets.
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

So they can sit in the Gator sections and get abused for three hours by drunk co-eds?

Why the hell would anyone want to do that?

You don't have to sit in the student section and you can probably get better tickets by buying them at the last minute than you could get by buying them in advance thru FAU.

I went to a UF game against Kentucky and bought my tickets on the walk to the stadium. Second row, 40 yard line….$25 each. I am sure that you can get great seats for the FAU game for a very reasonable price.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

This simply cannot be the only way for FAU fans to be at the game in Gainesville. FAU could not possibly make such a drastic mistake.

The host team almost always makes up to thousands of tickets available to fans of the visiting team, in blocks for sale by the visiting school. In some cases, the visiting school can make a lot of money selling these tickets.

For example, FSU provided at least 10,000 tickets to Troy last year and an estimated 11,000 to 15,000 Troy fans showed up. The Troy noise and support at Doak Campbell was amazing, especially as Troy led through much of the game.

For the Troy at Ga. Tech game, Troy got to keep much if not all of the proceeds of game tickets sold through Troy. That was a good deal, considering perhaps 7,000 to 10,000 Troy fans made it to Atlanta for that game. But Tech got smart and spread the Troy fans into three groups, in the highest and farthest-from-the-action sections of Bobby Dodd Stadium. It cut down visiting crowd noise quite a bit.

Troy also got lots of tickets to the UAB game in Birmingham. Tickets were also easy to get through Troy for the Nebraska game, even though Nebraska is perhaps the toughest ticket in the country.

I can't believe FAU will not have arranged for thousands of tickets for FAU fans in Gainesville.

I do know that the visiting marching bands must oftentimes buy their seats in SEC stadiums. That stinks, especially when a large band is involved.

I'll check and see what Troy has planned for its visit to Gainesville this year.
Back to the top

One possible reason for the short supply of tickets is Nov. 16-18 is UF's Alumni Weekend. That's probably also the reason why all the area hotels were booked up 10 months in advance.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Wait until a August and see if they are selling tickets thru the FAU ticket office or online. Most likely you will be able to get them.

Where is the news of the ticket shortage from anyway???

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: