Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Song at the Football Games

Add topic

Does anyone know the name of the Hip-Hop song (and the artist who sings it), that is played at the FAU football games. I believe it was recorded by an actual FAU student. The lyrics say something like, "represent FAU". My son thinks it's a cool song and is trying to find it.
Back to the top

I think they play it at the basketball games a lot, I didn't hear it at the scrimmage but I know there is some sort of FAU Hip hop song that they play. You might want to try and get in touch with the guy that does the announcing at the games. "drrrrrropping it like it a hot potato!" :)
Back to the top

The song was introduced at the FIU football game a few years ago. I thought it was hilarious (in a good way) and would also love to find the lyrics.

"Represent represent represent your school
Represent represent represent F-A-U!"
Back to the top

there is a newer version of the song played at basketball games now… the group made a newer version in 2006… i am still trying to get my hands on either the old or new… i've been trying for a couple months now… i'll keep you all posted

the new song is harder to understand because there are more words and they rap faster…

"wave your hands side to side screaming,
F (F)
A (A)
U (U)
F-A-U"

something like that

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Lm77 said

The song was introduced at the FIU football game a few years ago. I thought it was hilarious (in a good way) and would also love to find the lyrics.

"Represent represent represent your school
Represent represent represent F-A-U!"

I know, when I first heard it I was sort of taken aback – did they just say FAU?

Perhaps the FAU record label (Hoot/Wisdom Recordings) had something to do with it. I know they've produced music for various other FAU things.
Back to the top

This kind of thing just screams for better marketing on FAU's behalf. Here we have a popular song that would probably be downloaded thousands of times (at decent profit to the university) and no one even knows how to find it!

It's insane, in this technical age, not to be able to easily find FAU songs, ringtones and even clothing and other gear.

This school (and my alma mater) do not do enough to promote their growing brands.

Back to the top

BMarkey said

This kind of thing just screams for better marketing on FAU's behalf. Here we have a popular song that would probably be downloaded thousands of times (at decent profit to the university) and no one even knows how to find it!

It's insane, in this technical age, not to be able to easily find FAU songs, ringtones and even clothing and other gear.

This school (and my alma mater) do not do enough to promote their growing brands.

Tell me about it.

They could claim lack of budget but I imagine lack of ideas/initiative might play a role as well. I do want to give them credit for BURY THE BURROW IN RED, though… just to even out my sentiment.

I hear it's fairly ubiquitous – I've heard that even things like the Homecoming Committee sits around and stares at each other, with no one volunteering any ideas about how to make it better, just how to replicate what they did last year.
Back to the top

You are correct guys. Those kind of things are relatively inexpensive to do. They just need a little imagination. We've been looking for that song since last year. For me, I just find it cool cause it's about FAU…but here's the wild thing: My son, who's 15 and into the current music (hip-hop especially), likes it because it's a cool song!! All I'm saying is, We need to build on things like this, it's good stuff.
Back to the top

Like putting it on iTunes!
Back to the top

BMarkey said

Like putting it on iTunes!

Exactly. It would sell.

Even better, SG Program Board could burn it onto CDs and hand them out at the gates/doors of games. That would be an interesting task for the Hoot/Wisdom Recordings (FAU Recording Label) to do – make a short CD with 3-5 songs about FAU, one in each style (one rock, one electronic, one R&B, etc).

"
Back to the top
Control functions: