Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

rough day on the court for Rex.

Add topic

sounds like somebody didn't get his cake and get to eat this morning…….

April 10, 2007

Question from Justin
How is the nonconference schedule looking? Any trips to the Northeast? Invitations to any tournaments? Any well known teams coming to Del Boca Vista?

I heard a rumor that you "guaranteed" a twenty win season….. Any comment?

Response from Head Coach Rex Walters
Justin,
The Schedule is still a work in progress (plus the Athletic Department would be very upset if I announce things before they are done). I would like to think that you would come out and support your Owls no matter who we played…I guess not. Regarding my so called "guarantees"…you should know me better than that. The only thing that I am going to guarantee is that I will work my tail off to make FAU basketball better each and everyday. Thanks for the questions and I look forward to hearing more of them in the future.

Take care

Back to the top

He he he…He's still learning the ropes of dealing with the medai and commentary such as this…would have been better left unsaid…

But the schedule is lock and key until Angelos gives the nod to release it…i can attest to that having dealt with it as a constraint while planning marketing strategy, etc…sometimes on this level it takes a little longer to finalize…you are at the whim of those you want to play so to speak…
Back to the top

I read this question totally different i guess. Sounds like this person is from the northeast and would like to know if the Owls will be up that way this fall. I also live in the northeast and would be interested in knowing if the Owls had a non-conference game that is drivable distance for me so that i CAN attend a game.
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

I read this question totally different i guess. Sounds like this person is from the northeast and would like to know if the Owls will be up that way this fall. I also live in the northeast and would be interested in knowing if the Owls had a non-conference game that is drivable distance for me so that i CAN attend a game.

would say ptetty certain that we will have a northeast opponent…he wants to establish recruiting a national level and that is the way to do it…we will also have a western game as well…how far west dont know, but at least in the linear of texas…
Back to the top
Control functions: