Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2007 Marching Owls

Add topic

Well everyone wants to know what the marching band is up to, so I'll give the run down
  • The band was unable to attend the spring game because the director, Dr. Murray had a previous engagement with an honor band out of town. Also, there was a Wind Ensemble concert the same day that many members played in.
  • Leadership auditions are Mon.(4/23) and guard and drum-line auditions are Sat.(4/28)
  • The band is planning on attending the Fall Fan Fest as usual, it concludes our preseason training.
  • As of now we'll be playing at all 5 home games, and two away games.(UF and FIU)
  • I don't know if its this season or next, but music education majors will be required to take a year of marching band, adding to our numbers.

Thats all I can think of now. If you guys have any other question, leave them and I'll do what I can to answer.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

2007 Marching Owls

Thanks for the update tuba. It was amazing last year the sounds you all were putting out. You guys really do a great job for such a young program and I'm sure we will all look forward to this coming fall.
Back to the top

2007 Marching Owls

Great :)

What are the projected numbers for this year in total??
Back to the top

2007 Marching Owls

Not really sure until preseason training starts. I'd be happy if we saw 75 members take the field for the MTSU game.

AEA
Back to the top

2007 Marching Owls

FAUtuba said

Not really sure until preseason training starts. I'd be happy if we saw 75 members take the field for the MTSU game.

Wow, that would be great….what was you numbers last season?

i also love the idea of making marching band a prerequisite…great idea!
Back to the top

2007 Marching Owls

2007 Marching Owls

Last two seasons we were about 50-55.

The prerequisite for music ed majors is pretty standard for collegiate bands.

AEA
Back to the top

2007 Marching Owls

then 75 would be phenominal....what types of instrument increase(s) would you say primarily? Horns? Percussion? Both?
Back to the top

2007 Marching Owls

Well the Drum line has increased by a few members and should be a pretty nice line of 15. The guard also looks like its going to be pretty solid this season too. So in order to stay proportionate the the wind section would pic up the most members, and I'm sure things will work out that way

AEA
Back to the top

2007 Marching Owls

sounds like you guys will be "blowing" us all away with the new sounds! i like it...always been a big fan of the band :)
Back to the top

2007 Marching Owls

Thank you all for your support!!!!

GO OWLS!!!

~Daphne

AEA
Back to the top
Control functions: