Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

COUNTDOWN

Add topic

The season is winding down much to the chagrin of fans and team alike. What started out as a "house on fire" is more like "an outhouse to set on fire". I think the Owl's only chance of a sweep will be this weekends series against So. AL who shares the distinction with the Owl's of being the only teams in the Sunbelt that have been swept twice so far this season. Who would have thunk it the way we started out. We are at the bottom looking up to make the 8 team limit for the tourney.
But, in the whole scheme of things, as much as we would love to see our guys finish strong & proud, KC puts things in perspective:

http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/fau-diamond-diary.html

Go Owls!
Back to the top

COUNTDOWN

That really does make you put things in perspective. Coach Cooney is great at that. Makes you proud he is an Owl. Makes you proud to be an Owl.
Back to the top

COUNTDOWN

We need our ace back...that would make it completely different...
Back to the top

COUNTDOWN

As the countdown to the end of the season continues I have the following observations:

1)KC's silence is deafening….no diary post following the MTS series; no mention of mid-week loss to BC. Whats' up with that? Is his disappointment with the season that disheartening? Or maybe he's just busy trying to get his pitchers ready for tourney time (or praying around the clock for miraculous healing for Mickey ;)).
  1. The Owls have strong representation in several categories in the SunBelt, i.e. Team batting avg., Team pitching, Individual hitting, etc. with great stats from Widlansky, Bomback, McKenna, Block & Cook.
  2. Putting LL aside, it's just 3 1/2 games that seperate positions 2-8 in the standings.

With a sweep of FIU we finish 15-15. I'm not holding my breath, especially when KC has programed the team to settle for 2 out of 3 as a goal for any series. The point is, with the stats the Owls have put up and with the closeness of the competition we can still make some noise in the tourney if the attitude of the team is in the right place.

That's my point of view anyway.
Go Owls!
Back to the top

COUNTDOWN

COUNTDOWN

GoOwls said

(or praying around the clock for miraculous healing for Mickey
Go Owls!

Storey has been red-shirted…which means we might have seen the last of him…he has a strong chance of being drafted…….
Back to the top

COUNTDOWN

he won't be drafted as high as he would've been had he been healthy all season… i am very confident he'll be back next season… after all these recent injuries in the majors of pitchers and arms (joel zumaya, francisco liriano, aj burnett, kenny rogers, the list goes on and on and on) a team would have to be crazy to bite on mickey right now…

baseball america had him a 6-10 rounder last offseason, no way he improved his standing when he was injured all year

he'll be back

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

COUNTDOWN

Why is that kind of info kept from the fans??? We all guessed that he was done and of course the scouts all know his status, so what's the big secret? I personally think it stinks that KC keeps us in the dark.

The word I hear on Storey is he will go to the Cape this summer and perhaps get drafted from there if he shows that his arm is healthy. Otherwise, look for him back for his Sr. year, which would be best for him and the Owls.
Back to the top

COUNTDOWN

fauowl09 said

he won't be drafted as high as he would've been had he been healthy all season… i am very confident he'll be back next season… after all these recent injuries in the majors of pitchers and arms (joel zumaya, francisco liriano, aj burnett, kenny rogers, the list goes on and on and on) a team would have to be crazy to bite on mickey right now…

baseball america had him a 6-10 rounder last offseason, no way he improved his standing when he was injured all year

he'll be back

we'll see :)

btw, i like your graphic…why didnt you put Musillo on it though? She won player of the year…and tournament MVP…….
Back to the top

COUNTDOWN

Condolences to Coach Lopez….I had to laugh at the story KC shares about "Norbie" & his mom:

http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/fau-diamond-diary.html

You'll also see what I mean about the "goal" of settling for 2 out of 3. Is a sweep impossible? NO. Is 2-3 bad? NO. Which would you rather have your players programed for and THINKING about?? Like Yogi says "90% of the game is half mental". Like I've said before…teams that expect to be there have the conference tourney; regional tourney and NCAA tourney on their schedule at the beginning of the season.

FIU series is Thurs @6pm; Fri @ 4pm and Sat @ 2pm

Go Owls!! THINK SWEEP!!

Back to the top

COUNTDOWN

GoOwls said

Like I've said before…teams that expect to be there have the conference tourney; regional tourney and NCAA tourney on their schedule at the beginning of the season.

… You mean like FAU? They have the conference, regionals, super regionals and CWS on their sked.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: